New Machine, and Jobs done

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Helios, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Helios

Helios Regular Member

HI everyone,

I finally got my Eagnas Combo-710 stringing machine. My first attempt was on my GF's racket :p I made few mistakes but she doesn t used it anymore.
    stringing machine mini.jpg
    My second try was on a new purchase, the APACS Virtuoso Performance, I stringed it with BG66UM with a tension of 26hx24v. I used the official Victor 72 holes pattern with pro parnell knot and pre stretched manually.
    The result is not perfect, I v got too much tension due to some issue with the swivel clamp base. at the end my tension was 27hx25v
    vp mini.jpg vp mini 2.jpg
    My third attempt was for my tournament racket, the Victor BRS-LHI, I also used BG66UM but with a lower tension 25hx24v and the same technique than the previous racket.
    I v got a better result with a tension close to what I set. 26hx24v. I am very happy with this result but it took me lot of time >3hours :(
    brs lhi mini.jpg brs lhi 2 mini.jpg
    Q?: I have an issue with my swivel clamps, after I clamped and when i am releasing the tension rod, my clamps are moving toward the string tension by 2 or 3 mm. I have no idea how much tension I am loosing but this doesn't seen right. Any idea?

Also do you customize your racket with home made stencil?
    thank you

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You can adjust your clamp bases via the hole in the base - you need a long 3 mm allen key - but a little bit of movement is normal; mine move a bit. If you think about it, the next pull will get the clamp back to where it was, so there will only be tension loss on the last pull (where you can compensate with extra tension).

Also, you can remove the yellow pads from the 12/6 supports if you are using load spreaders.

3. Helios

Helios Regular Member

Thank you for the explanation ;) and For the spreaders I stopped using them after because I had pb for the top cross. I might use them and remove the yellow pad if i string >30lbs.

4. Helios

Helios Regular Member

I also forget to say, I have a problem with the string gripper when i use small gauge like BG66um (0.65mm). It loose grip when i put the tension rod down, I had to put a piece of paper/cardboard to get a grip on it.

I you had similar pb can you tell me what was your solution please.
    Thank u for your help.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

There's not really a solution for this, I'm afraid - I don't think the dropweight machines have the "limiting screw" on the back of the gripper the same way the crank machines do.

6. edlui888

edlui888 Regular Member

Engineer
    I have an Eagnas machine with an identical string gripper. I just inset a business card (fold it to cover both sides of grip) and I never had a loose grip.

7. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

how are you liking this machine ?? im thinking of getting one

8. Helios

Helios Regular Member

@Edlui88, thx for the tips, I do the same. So it is not specific to my machine, good to know.

Hi, I am happy probably because it is my first machine and I had no fixed expectation. I already re string 5 rackets now, and I really improve my technique every time. I still took me a long time (~2h) but drops weight machine are known to be slow to used, and u got this strange paranoia as a beginner when you cross, weave and put the tension.
    I think for this price it is quite good, I will make a complete review + article (tips, things to avoid, ..) on my blog in a few weeks.
    So it is fun, I am eager to try some new pattern/string/tension for all my rackets.