Would this be a good racket for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nbaalltheway, Mar 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nbaalltheway

Nbaalltheway New Member

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hello. I just joined my high school's varsity Badminton team and need a racket for the season. I will most likely be playing singles. I've played all my life in my backyard against my siblings so my reflexes and timing are pretty good, but this is my first time playing in an organized league so my serves and power are pretty weak. I'm tall (6' 3"), and I'd say I'm scrawny. I need a racket to last me this season and summer (I'll get a better one next season if I become more serious). I'm willing to spend around 40-60$, but if it really makes a huge difference I could go as high as 70. I have really fallen in love with the adidas P550, but have no clue if it will fit my play style or if it is a quality racket because I can't find any reviews on it. Unfortunately, there aren't any badminton stores nearby so I can't try it out in person.[/FONT]
    http://www.racketsportsusa.com/rackets/adidas-power-p550.html (85$)

Side note, why is it so much cheaper on this website? Is it fake?
    http://www.sweatband.com/adidas-p550-badminton-racket.html(£40.00=$67.00)

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Is this thread meant to be a joke?

3. Nbaalltheway

Nbaalltheway New Member

No :crying:

4. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Sweatband.com is a genuine retailer so it won't be a fake, but they are UK based so I'd imagine it would be at least as expensive as the other link with US shipping.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    as a beginner i think you are suitable for any racket. to qualify you with a particular racket without you trying them out might not be a good idea. then again it might be hard for you to find shops let alone trying a wide racket of rackets for demo. i've never used an addidas, so i can't comment on that. but a yonex nanoray20 should be good enough, so is a yonex arcsaber002. they are both even balance and medium to flexible on the shaft rating. i have a few friends from my badminton groups who uses one of the other i've suggested and they are pretty happy. also the price is just right. anyway, hope this helps.