Looking for new racquet. (beginner - intermediate somewhere in between there)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lingo124, Mar 2, 2014.

1. lingo124

lingo124 Regular Member

Student
    Hi. I would like to purchase a new racquet as I currently only have 1 decent racquet. I would say I am between beginning and intermediate, closer to intermediate (not really sure because of subjectivity). I usually play doubles, but I don't smash as much as I play the net.

I have been using the Nanospeed 850 for about 2 is to 3 years? Since the only other racquet I have is a cheap $20, recreational racquet, I figured I should probably get a 2nd racquet, in case my string breaks midgame.

I was looking at the Voltric 80 or the Voltric Z-Force II. I am not sure if they are going to be good for me, since I don't have much experience using other racquets. However, I have used a Voltric 80 before and it seemed very nice, but I am wondering if the VZF2 would have better handling characteristics at the net.

Or are there other racquets that would be more suitable for me? I know that the VZF2 is extra stiff but I figure that I could just get it strung at a lower tension if necessary.

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

2. xBlackstarz

xBlackstarz New Member

Student
    Its strange that you'd like voltric seeing as they are very head heavy, and nanospeeds are head light however if you think that the voltric 80 was nice, then get it, why not :) Although I would suggest getting another nanospeed, or nanoray seeing as you've been playing head light for years.
    Using a head heavy racquet could throw you off abit as the VZF2 (I assume) is a very demanding racquet as I have a voltric ZF 1, which took me awhile to adjust.
    Technique should be what you should focus on, rather than the racquet, once thats up Id go for the voltrics, and seeing as you don't smash much, then you cannot utilise the power of head heavy racquets anyways. Head light racquets are much better for speed and defence. Not to mention how stiff voltrics are aswell which will put a strain on your muscles