Stringing "weave" question for stringers

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by flipemthebird, Mar 4, 2014.

1. flipemthebird

flipemthebird Regular Member

Sales
    Hello BC!

Just joined the group after being a lurker for the past year. So, hello everyone!

I have a stringing question, and I'm going to do my best to describe what I'm asking. I recently received a racket, and there is something different in the string job vs any of my other rackets.

The bottom two horizontal strings aren't weaved in opposing directions. Basically, the string goes over the verticals, and is just resting on the last two horizontal strings. Will this affect performance at all? The string is Zymax 70, which already moves a lot to start with.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I'm having trouble visualizing. Could you attach a photo? I don't want to make any quick judgements or comments until i see it.

3. flipemthebird

Sales
    strings.jpg

Notice the bottom two horizontal strings. They're both on the same side of the verticals.

4. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    This means that you're stringer missed a weave, cause there isn't any friction holding the bottom cross string it will therefore move a lot more, you will be able to show this to your stringer and get them to re-string it again, not sure if it affects performance though!

5. DarthHowie

I agree with Henry. Definitely a mistake by the stringer in the weaving process. I don't think there will be much of a performance difference though since this is at the bottom of the racket. This is an area where you shouldn't be hitting at in the first place. I also don't see a risk to the racket itself (unless you had it strung at high tension)

I don't know if you necessarily want to have it restrung right away. I'm sure you can still play with the racket. Just ask for a credit from the stringer so that he doesn't charge you for the next string job.

6. flipemthebird

Sales
    It wasn't my stringer that did the work. I bought the racket from a dealer, and it arrived like this.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I think I'm going to have it restrung in the near future, as the string movement really bothers me.

7. DarthHowie

Out of curiosity, is that a Panda Power Revelation strung with red Ashaway Zymax ...65???

8. flipemthebird

Sales
    Close. Zymax 70.

9. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hello
    Like it was said before, I believe the performance will not be affected (or will be very little affected).
    If that cross misweave was in the middle (3-9 o'clock or near that) then I would cut it and restring.
    Like it is in the photo, I would play until the string snaps and then I would restring and forget this ever happened.