Need Help Choosing A Racket (Beginning..maybe intermediate player here)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zeroyui, Mar 4, 2014.

1. zeroyui

zeroyui New Member

So i just joined a badminton club and class at my college recently. I joined the badminton team in the freshman year of highschool 4 years ago hah. I know the rules so im not a complete newbie and its been a month since i started playing again.
    I like playing in doubles(less Running:p!) mostly but i play singles still. I prefer a racket i could do really good spiking(easier)!? and do controlled drops easier( my old wilson ti- racket i brought to club yesterday.. i could barely do drop shots(it wouldn't bounce off the string well) and my spikes were weaker than the carlton rackets they provide at the club). So i guess i want good control and power and light racket..I don't know if im being clear enough sorry.

I would prefer a racket i can get for less than $50 but if i can get a much better racket for a little more i could bump up my budget to maybe $80 usd.

2. flipemthebird

flipemthebird Regular Member

Sales
    You're going to have to give us some more info. How are your clears? Can you clear the bird from your backcourt to the opponent's backcourt? Difficult or easy? Do you like a head heavy racket, head light, or even balance?

For a budget of $50-80, the rackets will be entry level rackets. But if you can give us the information requested above, we can try and make some good suggestions.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yonex arcsaber002, done!