2014 ALL ENGLAND SS Premier : FINALE!!! (9th March 2014)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2014' started by clawhammers, Mar 8, 2014.

1. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

[​IMG]

Tournament website
    : http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/

Order of play:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...A247C0-51DE-4A7E-A3A6-EED7607702D3&d=20140309

ENG time
    : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

Court 1 (starting at 12.00pm local time) matches / order of play :

01 - WD) Wang Xiaoli / Yu Yang (CHN) v. Ma Jin / Tang Yuanting (CHN)

02 - XD) Mohammad Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan (INA) v. Hiroyuki Endo / Kenichi Hayakawa (JPN)

03 - WS) Li Xuerui (CHN) v. Wang Shixian (CHN)

04 - MS) Lee Chong Wei (MAS) v. Chen Long (CHN)

05 - XD) Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei (CHN) v. Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)

I am delighted ... Today is the FINALE!! :)

Today's contenders came from 4 countries, i.e., 6 from China, 2 from Indonesia, 1 from Japan and 1 from Malaysia. The powerhouse China is ensured to grab 2 titles in WS and WD, in which they manage to create all-Chinese final matches. Further, they are also represented in MS and XD.

WD Match
    YY-WX was last year champions, and today they will encounter the challenge from their compatriot, which has just recently paired, MJ-TY. MJ-TY started AE2014 from qualification, and they beat the C.Pedersen/K.Juhl on their way to the final. Though I have doubt, considering the prowess of YY-WX, but MJ has her sharp mind in setting the game play, let's just hope both pairs fight till the very end.

MD Match
    Both pairs intend to clinch the title of MD Champions in AE2014. Hendra Setiawan was an Olympian (in Beijing 2008), but he has never won any title in All England (during his prime with Markis Kido). The last time Indonesian won MD in All England was in 2003, where Sigit Budiarto / Chandra Wijaya beat the Koreans.

This year might be the best opportunity for him (with Moh. Ahsan), especially considering one of the best Korean pair suffers from 1-year ban by BWF. On the other hand, Endo / Hayakawa, which was last year finalist, are famous for their determination and fighting spirit. Nevertheless, the Japanese pair (might) be exhausted due to the lengthy matches in quarterfinal and semifinal, where they spent 1 hours to beat their opponents, respectively.

WS Match
    An all-Chinese final and these players are in their top forms. Both finalist beat their opponent straight set and in less than 40 minutes during the semifinal. WSX was the 2011 champion, while LXR was the 2012 champion. I believe both players are eager to win this match, and as such we may foresee both players will use their best efforts against each other in this finale.

MS Match
    This finale was repeating the 2013 Finale, where CL beat LCW at the time. Last year finale was won by CL with straight set and the duration of 1 hour and 2 minutes.

The Datuk would look forward to take revenge against CL over his losing last year. On the other hand, CL is not an easy opponent, and for sure the Chinese's coaches would provide him with handful of insight and tactic how to beat LCW. This is the ideal finale in MS due to the fact that both player are the first and second seeds in this tournament.

XD Match
    Another repeat from 2013 AE Finale, where Ahmad/Natsir beat Zhang/Zhao by straight set and 42 minutes. At present, both pairs are the first and second seeds in XD, and this would be another ideal final to watch by all badminton fans around the world.

Both pairs are in their top forms, and they beat their opponent in straight set with the duration less than 35 minutes yesterday. I believe that Zhang/Zhao look forward to revenge their loss in 2013 against Ahmad/Natsir, and on the other hand, Ahmad/Natsir are eager to create history by winning the XD title three times in a row.

May the best player(s) win for today!!

#1 clawhammers, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The last 3 times they met was in the finals of the SS Finals 2012, China Open 2013 and Malaysia Open 2014. LXR won all 3 matches, and WSX stood next to her on the podium.

This Sunday, they will both share the podium once again. My money is on LXR to stand on the top. Your money should be, too. I think WSX's money is, too.

WD. *Sigh!* Those guys again! :D Just give them the stupid medals and let's move on to the next match! :p

Who is going to stop Sandra? Not you. Not me. Not Kenichiro! Not PBSI. Not BWF. Not FuCai or 2Kim or WhoEver. Not the umpires or the linesmen or even the crowd. Sandra is like the Bullet Train- you just get out of its way when you hear the Earth rumble.

The MS protagonists have a H2H of 8-7. 8 to CL, that is! Is LCW going to level, or is he going to give his famous deer-caught-in-headlights impersonation? Only CL has the answer, this time...

The result of the XD match will rest squarely as always, on the shoulders (and mind) of one player: Temperamentalowi! But such delicious subplots! Can Lily outfox the Hubei Hurricane? Can Zhang Nan remember to play XD formation now?

A perfect way to end a great week. And a good, long look at 16 individuals at the top of their game, at the top of the world.

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

It probably won't happen but I am rooting for MJ/TYT to beat YY/WXL. AE has been the coming out party for TYT. A pairing of TYT and Chen QingChen may be formidable down the road.

WSX is peaking and deserves one but if LXR is at full strength, LXR will steamroll over whoever.

Hope both LCW and CL are at their best. It would be a real treat.

4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

WSX is not on the same level as LXR.
    One is Zhuge Liang and other is Zhou Yu.

5. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Wouldn't surprise me if all the favourites win in straight sets tomorrow.

Suspect Lix vs Shixian will be game of the day. Was bemused by Yihan's 'effort' yesterday, can only hope Lix doesn't also forget how to play badminton.

I think a quick start is crucial for LCW tomorrow if he's to have a chance of beating CL. In the Korea Final LCW looked so dejected as he had no answers for CL's play.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    How come you don't get the sticks from those CHN fans when you make comments like this?
    Is it because of that designation below your name?

I am worried he may just stay at front court.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Or play side by side:D

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

WD => Wang/Yu [CHN, 1] v Ma/Tang [CHN, unseeded]
    H-2-H : 0-0
    All England title :
    - Wang/Yu : 2 (2011, 2013)
    - Ma/Tang : -

The most surprising finalist today none but the qualifier Ma Jin/Tang Yuanting, this Chinese new combo have defeated second seed Juhl/Pedersen and third seed Matsutomo/Takahashi en route to the final. The defending champion and world champion Wang/Yu is hot fave to retain their title unless CHN coach want to upgrade Ma/Tang WR :D

MD => Ahsan/Setiawan [INA, 1] v Endo/Hayakawa [JPN, 2]
    H-2-H : 5-0
    All England title :
    - Ahsan/Setiawan : -
    - Endo/Hayakawa : -

Based on head to head, obviously Ahsan/Setiawan is overwhelming fave to win their first ever AE crown. Endo/Hayakawa is the steady, consistent pair despite never win major title so far. Being runner-up last year, will they only get bridemaids once again here?

WS => Li Xuerui [CHN, 1] v Wang Shixian [CHN, 4]
    H-2-H : 4-2
    All England title :
    - Li Xuerui : 1 (2012)
    - Wang Shixian : 1 (2011)

The chance is open for Wang SX as she has performed well lately and her younger compatriot Olympic Champion still not yet at 2012 version. Last meeting of both ladies is Malaysia Open SSP final when Li wrapped up Wang in straight-sets.

MS => Lee Chong Wei (MAS, 1) v Chen Long (CHN, 2)
    H-2-H : 7-8
    All England title :
    - Lee Chong Wei : 2 (2010, 2011)
    - Chen Long : 1 (2013)

The most anticipated clash of five finals for badminton fans, this match is expected to be tense and thrilling. Lee Chong Wei almost lost to the fast improved Son Wan Ho yesterday but he showed off his status as world number one to seal final ticket, a good test for him before face his arch-rival Chen Long.

XD => Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei [CHN, 1] v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir [INA, 2]
    H-2-H : 5-4
    All England title :
    - Zhang/Zhao : 1 (2010)
    - Ahmad/Natsir : 2 (2012, 2013)

The organizer put XD match as last part of finale, rematch of last year final when the Indonesian pair won over the Olympic Champion convincingly. Will Ahmad/Natsir create hat-trick? We'll wait and see ;)

The spectators in NIA will enjoy entertainment showcase before final match on 12.00pm : http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/beating-the-drum-for-the-all-england-finals/

#8 CLELY, Mar 8, 2014
  9. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

You are mistaken, BWF has already stopped 2 Korean pairs :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Not sure I understand? :confused:

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

hmm... I am going to lose an hour sleep and instead of 4:00 AM in the morning Pacific Time, at 2:00 AM today the clock will move to 3:00 AM. oh man...

For all BCers in US except Arizona and Hawaii, clock will move forward 1 hour at 2:00 AM in the morning Sunday. The Final @ 12:00 PM UTC means it will be @ 3:00 AM today. Just when the clock turns 3 from 2 the live stream begins.

Happy sleep in early to wake up early! Man... I still have the tax to do.

#11 indrg, Mar 8, 2014
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Haha, I don't think so! Maybe because it's the universal truth? ;) Can't dispute the fact that when those guys are in the mood, no WD pair in the world comes close.

That may just confuse Towi :p Hey, maybe both teams should have a mutual arrangement for the boys to play upfront and the girls to take baseline duty. Estimated match duration: 2+ hours. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.......

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

BWF banned Lee Yong Dae and Kim Ki-Jung. That alone has severely stopped 2 Koreans MDs pairs in top ten.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ^ But that has no relevance to what I wrote earlier... maybe SigH-Max misunderstood...

15. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I'm just wondering what could be the reason for WYH's acting job. I would think she would want to stamp her authority over her fellow teammates leading up to the Asian Games, but maybe her strategy is to lie low and hide her cards right. Or maybe the reason is much more personal and mundane...whatever it is, LXR should win today unless the match is fixed. I'm giving that match a miss just in case. MD should undoubtedly go to the Indonesians, WD should go to WXL/YY unless YY's motivational problems act up again, and XD is anyone's guess although I'm inclined to favour the Indonesians. The crowd will be massively on their side, and just, well, you know. MS is the only one truly worth watching IMO, and you'd think CL would win, but LCW will be primed from yesterday's workout and surely winning streaks against a particular opponent don't last forever?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Err, all sports have to follow WADA. BWF follows the rules irrespective of nationality. Other players have had bans before.

17. typhooonn

typhooonn Regular Member

lol
    it looks to me you always try to stir up things among the members. That's not good my friend.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Look at yourself first.
    You made a mistake (it could be on purpose) last night and you didn't even bother to admit or say sorry.

#18 nokh88, Mar 8, 2014
  19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Jeez, it's too early to begin brawling, guys! :)

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I will surely lose 'cos I am not a tiger. :D