Yonex "Research" Has no Standard?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Justheretoplay, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    So I was curious about the properties between nanopreme and nanometric so I decided to open up the Arcsaber FB and Voltric 80 and their "technologies". I came across this: Yonex Nanopreme.JPG Nanometric.JPG
    So what is Yonex's standard for their supposed "technology"? The numbers for Nanopreme are different on the Arcsaber FB description and the voltric 80 numbers. They can say whatever they want and present to us (the consumers) anything they want even though there may not be much proof behind it and are solely made up for marketing purposes.

Sources:
    http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminton/products/badminton/racquets/arcsaber-series/arcsaber-fb/

http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton/racquets/voltric-series/voltric-80?ProductTab=Technologies

2. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I highlighted your word above. All manufacturers in all walks of life do this, it's to sell products. I work with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering. I see it on a daily basis, majority of what you see in print and on products are meant to be vague. In print, give your product the advantage over the competitor but make it so it is hard to prove otherwise.

3. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

they don't use new words to describe their products, they're dead as a company/brand. they can't always coin new words or come up with new materials or lay false claims or lie any more than they're legally allowed to, so they twist and mix-and-match the limited info they have and limit our scope of discovery to successfully sell their products ;)
    right, mater?

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

most of these giant well-known racket manufactures (Yonex, Victor, LiNing, Gosen, Dunlop, Kason, etc) only rely on professional players to use their product, hence boost up the sales. When i buy racket, i mostly concern about brand (which ensure that the racket is durable enough to survive at least 1 year of uses), and basic specs such as BP & stiffness.

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I don't pay any attention to the marketing of products and only review based on feel.

Despite all the new so-called technology introduced into rackets over the last 30 years, in general the average player does not hit the shuttle any harder or better.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. metozcroff

metozcroff New Member

they can't always coin new words or come up with new materials or lay false claims or lie any more than they're legally allowed to,[​IMG]