Inflight Badminton Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ttktom, Mar 1, 2004.

1. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

has any1 ever played with them or ever heard of them they are very good and cheaper than Yonex :)

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

some1 must ave heard of Inflight

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Why don't you pm woop? I think his new racquet was an Inflight (he mentioned it in one of his posts).

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    If you know they are very good, then surely you have heard of them (give us a review)

I heard of them, but never used them.

5. panhandle

panhandle Regular Member

badminton/volleyball promoter
    I have heard of Inflight, I was going to rep for them along with Karakal and Domino. They are trying to market in North America, like Domino. They are based in England and I was supposed to get some demos. Basically, you are paying for the name...that's why Yonex is more expensive. I believe they are good quality racquets and a lot of players in England uses them (even top players). http://www.inflightsports.net/

6. vincenterika

vincenterika Regular Member

Roamer
    Seems can not find it in Hong Kong... where can I buy them online?
    Thank you very much

7. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

8. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

I have tried out a number of the Inflight racquets over the last few months. I would love for there to be a realistic alternative to Yonex that was affordable without compromising the quality. My opinion is that they are better value than Yonex but ultimately lack both specificity and quality.

In terms of specificity Yonex have successfully targeted types of players with the MP range, ie MP100 - singles players, MP90 doubles players, MP80 - girls. Inflight attempt to do this but fail to really nail it with the result that the playing characteristics are less well defined. That is not to say that some racquets within the range will not suit particular players more than others, just that there appears to be no rhyme or reason behind it.

In terms of quality there can be no better evidence than observing county players playing with Yonex racquets with the Inflight logo sprayed on to the strings. A feature of Inflight racquests is that the range typically averages a weight of 86 grams while Yonex appear to use 90 grams as a yardstick. The idea is that making 'heavier' racquets reduces the benefit of using carbon as a material, rather than using metal based frames. Regarding the evidence behind this conviction, I am not qualified to comment.

Inflight have attempted to infiltrate the game at the top level without paying too much attention to the playing masses in the UK. They began as a regional company before stepping up their profile. The company is relatively generous in terms of sponsorship in the UK, but this does not filter down to club level players due to the poor coverage of the sport by the blinkered UK media. By being selective about their stockists they remain unknown to the majority of badminton players in their own country, although agents are now much more numerous than they used to be.

I hope that this company continues to increase it's market share in the UK as it may introduce some much needed competition for Yonex. I believe that having something 'different' is attractive to a number of people and Inflight represent genuine local competition to Yonex. While there are other alternatives to Yonex available, e.g. Babolat, few focus enough on badminton as a major part of their revenue or development to challenge Yonex. Within the UK at least this may change because of further developments from Inflight. Whether they attempt a more global effort is open to question.

9. paoloaiyt

paoloaiyt New Member

Civil Engineer
    Can I string this to 28 lbs...

10. morewood

morewood Regular Member

String what to 28lbs?

11. paoloaiyt

paoloaiyt New Member

Civil Engineer
    Inflight Raquets String Tension

I'm in inquiring about Inflight Raquets String Tension if this can be stringed up to 28 lbs.

12. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Rackets produced by the same company have different variations for max string tension.

13. paoloaiyt

paoloaiyt New Member

Civil Engineer
    Found the site. Thanks

14. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Some can others cant.

15. leo29

leo29 Regular Member

My coach is sponsored by inflight and the rackets are OK but are overpriced in my opnion, for example, the best performing racket is the Inlifght Nemesis, however is £110-120, which you don't want to be paying for a racket that equates to a MP44!!!

Use a different brand is my opinion!!!!

16. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Will agree at recomended retail prices there not worth it. But you can currently get a Predator 1000 (RRP£105) for £60 which could well be a good buy for some.