User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also for anyone who wants to communicate with other badminton players in atl

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...inton_players/

I created this group for us atl players so we can organize events and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I also need a place to play. Does this Brookwood Hills place have proper court? Does it accept guest players?

Are there any other places where I can play? I have friends who are willing to play so I don't need people, I just need a court especially!

Its so frustrating to look for a court on online forum like this when you can walk out of your house for 10 minutes and instantly find a basketball/tennis court.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here from the athens area? i'm looking to start playing again. i've sent an email to the UGA club but haven't heard back yet, due to the holidays i'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surge319 View Post
    anyone here from the athens area? i'm looking to start playing again. i've sent an email to the UGA club but haven't heard back yet, due to the holidays i'm sure.
    hey buddy, I am from Athens area because my school, UGA, is there and my undergraduate badminton club plays but they closed down till January 2nd. Its so frustrating that they closed Ramsey down right?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is frustrating. ramsey closed just as i am interested in playing again. i played often when i was in school there 11-12 years ago. now i am an employee and just joined back up at ramsey and want to join the club and start playing again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surge319 View Post
    it is frustrating. ramsey closed just as i am interested in playing again. i played often when i was in school there 11-12 years ago. now i am an employee and just joined back up at ramsey and want to join the club and start playing again.
    you must be one of the older people i see at the courts...i'm still an undergraduate student so i stick with people my age who are active on the courts...maybe you would recognize people like Ning or Shingo?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know anyone yet. i went for the first time wednesday of last week and was told it would be easier to join the first day of the next semester. so i'll go back whenever ramsey is opened. i'm 33 by the way, and caucasian so i will probably be easy to recognize as most folks appeared to be of asian origins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gwinnett County has 2 parks with badminton courts (each has 2 courts, painted on basketball gym floor): Bogan Park (north of Mall of Ga, in Buford) badminton Mondays & Wednesdays 10:00-noon, Chris 770-932-4423; and Lucky Shoals Park (off Jimmy Carter Blvd., near Tucker) 4651 Britt Rd., Norcross, Ga 30071, call Beth McWilliams 770-822-5149; DeKalb County: Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, 5140 Memorial Dr., Stone Mountain 30083 (~2 miles outside the I-285 perimeter), 11:00 - 4:30 Sundays for $10., 404-292-8212.
    Last edited by Donna; 03-17-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello guys,

I have recently moved to Atlanta and living in mid-town. Are you aware of any place nearby where I can play badminton? Any lead would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Roy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone. Any places to play in Cobb county? I will be happy to start a club if we have enough people in cobb county. Please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Gwinnett County has 2 parks with badminton courts (each has 2 courts, painted on basketball gym floor): Bogan Park (north of Mall of Ga, in Buford) badminton Mondays & Wednesdays 10:00-noon, Chris 770-932-4423; and Lucky Shoals Park (off Jimmy Carter Blvd., near Tucker) 4651 Britt Rd., Norcross, Ga 30071, call Beth McWilliams 770-822-5149; DeKalb County: Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, 5140 Memorial Dr., Stone Mountain 30083 (~2 miles outside the I-285 perimeter), 11:00 - 4:30 Sundays for $10., 404-292-8212.
    Gwinnett County Recreation will be adding another County Park to play badminton, on Wednesday Nights starting in about two weeks. It is Best Friends Park, on Jimmy Carter Blvd, just west of I-85 , In Norcross. The exact time and evenings ( possibly 2) will be listed on a Yahoo newsgroup that was just formed. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Atlantabadminton/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will go to Emory to be a postdoc in next month. Are there any badminton club in Emory? Anybody know it? I will be very appreciate if someone can let me know can I contact with the organizer, thanks a lot.
    my email: flagella@126.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be visiting Atlanta over the next couple of weeks and wonder if there are any clubs in Marietta area that I can visit while I am there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by racket4fun View Post
    Hi everyone. Any places to play in Cobb county? I will be happy to start a club if we have enough people in cobb county. Please let me know.
    Me, too. I live in Cobb County and wondering if there are any open places. I have a few friends who'd be interested, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'm looking to get back into badminton after a few years. Actually, I think I originally started this thread

Hope to make it to one of these soon!

By the way, about the Bogan Park sked, don't they have any non-office-hour court time available? I live about 5mins away, but I work in Tucker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5string View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'm looking to get back into badminton after a few years. Actually, I think I originally started this thread

Hope to make it to one of these soon!

By the way, about the Bogan Park sked, don't they have any non-office-hour court time available? I live about 5mins away, but I work in Tucker.

From the Atlantabadminton Newsgroup, Bogan park will resume daytime sessions August 11, 2008, on Monday and Wednesdays from 10-12 noon.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...ton/message/12

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I'm glad to see such a vibrant community in Atlanta. I'll be an Undergrad at Emory this fall and I've played for the past four years. I'm not bad and I want to continue playing. Since I don't have a reliable means of transportation since we're not allowed cars, anyone know a club close to Emory's campus? I know Emory has a club itself, but I haven't heard much about it. Either way, thanks!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast