User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MChristine
    I think I'll call them and see if they'd be open to letting us use the gym if we could get a club together.

Chris
    Ya, that would be great. I visited KSU this weekend and found out to open a club we will have to get 15 KSU students to sign up as members to get a club going. But please do inform us about your findings.

Keep smashing
    Imran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default no luck today

I called the athletic department, but wasn't able to reach anyone. How do we get 15 KSU students to sign up?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by nedar
    Ya, that would be great. I visited KSU this weekend and found out to open a club we will have to get 15 KSU students to sign up as members to get a club going. But please do inform us about your findings.

Keep smashing
    Imran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I live in Dunwoody area zipcode 30350

[QUOTE=MitTime]Hi,
    I'm just getting into Badminton, and I live in Roswell, Ga (north of ATL). Are there any age limits on playing? I'm 17 right now and I'm looking for someone to teach me some tips and gameplay. I would like to play badminton through college (Georgia College and State University) next year. So mainly, I'd like to see if i'd even be able to participate in these clubs like Ga tech.

Thx
    Sean[/QUOTE
    Sean,
    I live in Dunwoody area zipcode 30350. Can anyone guide me where to go for that. From whatever I have read on this forum, choices are limited and chances bleak I would appreciate any help.
    Sanjay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just wondering

if you have heard anything new from KSU.

Chris

Keep smashing
    Imran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    Hmm, I didnt follow up with it.. But now that KSU is starting for fall semester, It's probably good time to follow up or try to get a club going.

Quote Originally Posted by MChristine
    if you have heard anything new from KSU.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm interested in playing badminton too

Hi
    Hmm, I didnt follow up with it.. But now that KSU is starting for fall semester, It's probably good time to follow up or try to get a club going.
    Hi, I'm also interested in joining a group for badminton. Havent played for a while but really itching for a good game. I have my own rackets and some shuttlecocks. Living in Dunwoody...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Iam looking too

Wassup? Iam looking for a place too do you know any yet? Apart from the Permieter Chrurch. I want to learn how to play badtminto not jus play for the heck of it. So if you know any pls email me at jaideepsagar@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Jay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default savannah georgia

Sorry about interrupting.

Does anyone know a contact or a place to play in Savannah GA. I will be in town for business at the end of Sept and was wondering whether anyone in Atlanta knows what is happening in Savannah?

Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New club

Greetings! I have just started a badminton club at Georgia Southern in Statesboro. We are looking for members and players, so please come by and join us! We meet on Thursdays from 8-10pm in the Hanner Complex in the Old Gym. If you need directions/more information, please let me know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cobb County - Marietta/North Atlanta

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and these forums. I haven't played badminton for about 6 or so years, but it was really the only sport I enjoyed and did alright at. I would love to play, but it seems nearly impossible to find a place to play here.

I was just wondering if there have been any new clubs that have opened, or if anyone is collecting names of people that would be interested in playing in the north Atlanta / Marietta area. If so, you can consider myself interested. =)

Please let me know. I'm by no means a pro, but I did play a few nights a week for a couple of years, so I'm not really a beginner either (though probably a bit rusty).

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good News for those of us in Atlanta

I may have found a place for us to play. I contacted the gym coordinator at Chastain Park this week and she replied right away that she was "excited" about starting a club at some place called Peachtree Hills Gym (I'm not even sure where it is). She is going to look at her schedule to see what times she has available and she has asked me whether weekends or weekday nights were better for us.

I am hoping that those of you will join me in starting this new club. If you are interested, let me know, and let me know what day(s) work for you. We will do our best to coordinate.

Hopefully everything will work out and we'll have a new place to play.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo!

Thanks Chris. I would be able to make it out probably one or two nights a week. Weeknights are probably best for me, though likely not on Fridays if possible (that's my "kick back and stare at the wall after a long week" night).

Please keep us updated on where and when, hopefully we'll be able to organize enough players to make it happen.

Also, I'm not sure where Peachtree Hills Gym is, but if you happen to learn about where, please let us know.

Thanks!

(oh yeah, now I have to get a racquet, mine's in Canada!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really be interested in playing. I live up in Cobb myself and that drive down to Decatur was getting really difficult to do.
    If you need a hand in trying to get this organized I can offer some time.

Just let me know.
    NigelESellman@yahoo.com
    Where is thus guy again?
    Anyone know where to get the nets/posts from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interested in Play | Cobb Area

I live in Atlanta | Cobb Area and am interested in playing if a club is being formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huddersfield
    I would really be interested in playing. I live up in Cobb myself and that drive down to Decatur was getting really difficult to do.
    If you need a hand in trying to get this organized I can offer some time.

Just let me know.
    NigelESellman@yahoo.com
    Where is thus guy again?
    Anyone know where to get the nets/posts from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sooo...

Any update on this? Just curious

Hopefully we can get something set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by jacobos007
    That sounds great. We found another place, it's a goup of players that used to play at Georgia State University. They are starting to play next week at the Decatur Rec Centre. The person to contact is: Kim 404-281-2856 or Sue 770-377-3404. Just arrange with the on the details etc.
    Hi,

I am new to Atlanta and I have recently moved from Singapore. I used to play a lot of Badminton in Singapore. I am looking out to start playing badminton in Atlanta vicinity. I am currently staying in a hotel in N. Druid Hills area and planning to move out to a place convenient to play Badminton as well as to go to work place (Coca-cola plaza). If you could help me to find out a place to start playing Badminton I will appreciate your help.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a Peachtree Hills Gym at this address 308 Peachtree Hills Ave, Atlanta GA 30305- It is apparently near the Lindbergh Marta station (according to Google) . I couldn't find a website for the gym though.

Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by trnelson
    Woo!

Thanks Chris. I would be able to make it out probably one or two nights a week. Weeknights are probably best for me, though likely not on Fridays if possible (that's my "kick back and stare at the wall after a long week" night).

Please keep us updated on where and when, hopefully we'll be able to organize enough players to make it happen.

Also, I'm not sure where Peachtree Hills Gym is, but if you happen to learn about where, please let us know.

Thanks!

(oh yeah, now I have to get a racquet, mine's in Canada!)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast