User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The latest news

Hi Nelson,
    You are right about the location of the gym, it is near the Lindbergh Marta station. It is a small gym with no website. Imran (who posts here) and I met with the gym coordinator and checked it out about a week and a half ago. The woman we spoke with was extremely accomodating. She is in the process of getting it ready for us, having the lines taped for the courts, buying nets etc.. I expect to hear from her any day now and we'll be ready to go.

Like I said, the gym is small, we think there's only room for 2 courts, but they are willing to give us Thursday nights to start and eventually Tuesday nights too.

More to follow....
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonloh
    I found a Peachtree Hills Gym at this address 308 Peachtree Hills Ave, Atlanta GA 30305- It is apparently near the Lindbergh Marta station (according to Google) . I couldn't find a website for the gym though.

Nelson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please count me in. I am also in atlanta area (zip 30341).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I want to join

Hi chris,
    I would like to join the club,please add me to the list.I waiting to play for long time in Atlanta.
    Thx!
    badlov

Quote Originally Posted by MChristine
    Hi Nelson,
    You are right about the location of the gym, it is near the Lindbergh Marta station. It is a small gym with no website. Imran (who posts here) and I met with the gym coordinator and checked it out about a week and a half ago. The woman we spoke with was extremely accomodating. She is in the process of getting it ready for us, having the lines taped for the courts, buying nets etc.. I expect to hear from her any day now and we'll be ready to go.

Like I said, the gym is small, we think there's only room for 2 courts, but they are willing to give us Thursday nights to start and eventually Tuesday nights too.

More to follow....
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Club, Schedule?

Curious to know if there is an update regarding the club
    Thanks,
    Subu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a student at KSU and just getting into badmnton with my buddy. I'd love to get a club together. If any of you guys from KSU is serious I know some people in the recreation department. If there were a couple of us I'm sure we can get something started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a place to play in the Peachtree City/Fayette County area...thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default where to play in Atlanta

W
    Quote Originally Posted by MChristine
    I'm looking for a place in the Atlanta area to play too. Have you had any luck?

Christine
    >>>>
    You can check Perimeter Badminton Club located in Medlock. Since many of us are interested in playing badminton, how about we form a group, let say a badminton club, we can find a gym to set up the equipment.

Peachtree Park Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default desperately looking for a badminton place to play in Atlanta

Hello everyone, my wife and I live in Atlanta, GA (midtown) and are looking for a place or court to play badminton (beginner-intermediate). I have heard that there is a club located in Medlock Bridge / Perimeter, but you have to be a member. I have also heard that there is a place at Georgia Tech but you have to be a guest of a student. We do not have any memberships and do not know anyone who could give us access, but we would appreciate any information on where to play or apply. Our email is tikpaklong@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Is anyone interested in playing badminton in Woodstock area.
    We can talk to one of the churches and start from there.
    Please reply to mpaturi1@gsu.edu, if you are interested.
    mpaturi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peachtree Hills Gym

Has the badminton club been setup at Peachtree Hills Gym yet?

Who do I need to speak to in order to join?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, for all of us who were looking forward to a new club starting in Peachtree Hills, it never panned out. Although the contact we had a the gym seemed very excited and accomodating at first, she has since stopped returning our phone calls.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UK expat really missing playing...

Hi all,

Having read this thread it looks like places to play in Atlanta are few and far between. Even so if anyone knows of anywhere I can play I would really appreciate the info. I'm open to starting a new club, convincing a gym, purchasing equipment - anything short of building a room big enough for a court in my back yard (and I only say that because I don't think my covenant agreement allows it

I am an expat from the UK, have been in ATL for around 2 years, use to play at an intermediate before coming to the US and getting out of practice.

Please feel free to reply to me on this thread or direct through my profile.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Peachtree Park Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default badminton info from another member

I received this information from a very helpful fellow here on Badminton Central:

"There is a group that plays in downtown Decatur on Wednesday nights. They are very welcoming. The courts were not too full last year.

Also, we have a small group that plays at the Intermediate down to to
    Beginner level outdoors at Brookwood Hills (near piedmont hospital),
    currently on Monday nights about 6:45 pm to 8:30 pm. You are welcome
    to join us."

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich
    Looking for a place to play in the Peachtree City/Fayette County area...thanks.
    Hi frostlich, I'm looking to move my family to GA and may be considering relocating to Peachtree City (CNN Money best places to live). Badminton is an important part of our lives and was wondering if you managed to find a place to play. I was even considering perhaps looking into a local gym and maybe forming a club as I havent' seen a club available south of Atlanta (except Georgia Southeastern which is way out there).

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum and will be moving to Atlanta in a few weeks. I'm trying to find out how many different badminton clubs that are still accepting new members. I'll be staying around Decatur near Emory. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What about outdoors?

I am also interested in looking for a place to play badminton, as well as people to play with.

It just seems to me that since there aren't too many places to play badminton in Atlanta indoors, what about setting up a net in a park somewhere and playing that way? I know it would be much better to play on an indoor court. I've played indoors and outdoors and I've enjoyed both.

I was thinking that if we can't find an indoor court, why can't we just play recreationally outdoors? It's a start.

I live in the Stone Mountain Area less than 15 minutes from Decatur.

Is anyone interested in setting up a net outside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where?

Hi,

I haven't played badminton in 10 years, but I have been aching to play and I am trying to find a play where I can play a few people and get my body back into shape like it use to stay when I was playing.

So my question is where is there to play near Duluth where I live, or close by, anyone got anything?

my e-mail is sully@tierpath.com If you know of a place that people meet for fun let me know! I am going crazy!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast