User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should BWF give a wildcard to Lin Dan for the 2014 World Championships

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: it will generate more media interest

85 75.22%
  • No: once is enough

28 24.78%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't vote here. But I voted in badzine.

I voted yes because it is bwf right. Whatever the reason, bwf ultimately will be responsible for their action.

I am not voting here, because I don't think it should be for media interest sake. In the end, it should be for the future of badminton, for future generation to want to be badminton player and for future generation to want to watch badminton

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is weird how so many people talk of participating in the SS tournament is like some sort of torture, or hardship, and that if you don't go to them you should not play in the WC!
    The SS are the top tournaments; if a player does not go, it is his loss. Those tournament are what the players train for, live for. It is the high competition, high exposure, the real test.
    if the player feel that going to the SS is a burden, then the BWF should seriously rethink the way it handles its business.
    as for LD, I think it is clear that if he did not participate in any tournament recently, it was because he was not allowed to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be fun to see this poll get reset now, after LD has shown he is serious about his comeback, and we've seen his current level of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    Im rooting for LCW to take down both lin dan and CL. =x
    All the more reason to grant LD a wild card. Should LCW ever win a WC or the Olympics, he needs to beat LD, or at least have LD in the tournament to validate his victory. If LCW wins the WC without LD in the draw, critics will always say he won only because LD wasn't there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed ! but also must see whether lin dan wants to play or not . if he decide not to play , no choice .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moment of truth is less than one week away. BWF will have to decide whether to use the wildcard by Friday, May 2.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess we will know the identity of LD's new sponsor really soon too..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RedShuttle: The moment of truth is less than one week away. BWF will have to decide whether to use the wildcard by Friday, May 2.
    In that case, the Super Dan better make sure he gonna grab the BAC title tomorrow, his back-to-back 2nd title after his long hiatus following the last year's WC, thus the BWF won't have the shortsighted decision to miss its wildcard upon the most talented player and the defending champion...

May 2nd?? They even miss to observe the shuttlers' participation and performances in the upcoming Thomas Cup and Uber Cup, the most prestigious team events!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were BWF, my biggest concern would be whether LD will play the SS events before WC or pull out to prepare for WC like he did last year.

This is a great opportunity to extract something from LYD such as free fight among teammates and more support (player participations) for tournaments.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't edit again! Obviously, I meant LYB, not LYD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>> If I were BWF, my biggest concern
    >> would be whether LD will play the SS
    >> events before WC or pull out to prepare
    >> for WC like he did last year.

Why?

Winning GPG or similar point events such as BAC can bring you up to 3rd in the World rankings...

By the way, could the sponsorship delay be a result of BWF participation uncertainty? I mean, for a company like Adidas WC exposure would be of tremendous value. And if LD is not given access to WC maybe his whole comeback plan and hunger to win again would suffer a big hit...

If LiNing is in money problems he could also just still be playing LiNing anonymous rackets (n90) until a new contract is signed, to put pressure on the negotiations - and LiNing could be in a WC wild card waiting game before extending...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Lin Dan just claimed his 2nd back-to-back title in 2014 BAC

Lin Dan just claimed his 2nd back-to-back title in 2014 Badminton Asia Championships to reaffirm his 2nd comeback!

MS - 14-21 21-9 21-15 1:06

Lets wait n see whether WBF will do the good to uphold the quality of 2014 WC by
    granting the wildcard to the Super Dan

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently no wild card given to LD. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ications/page2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year, the BWF secretary also said, in no uncertain terms, no wildcard for LD. But who won the title?

It's not over until the fat lady sings. There are still a few days to go.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Redshuttle said is true.However, there is one difference between this year and last year.Last year, at this time, Lin Dan is absent from the international scene.This year, Lin dan has already won two tournaments already so far.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last year LD benefited in getting a wild card because he is from the host country. IIRC there's a small rule that says that the host country is allowed a wild card if necessary.

This year being in Denmark, any wild card will be from Denmark... so Peter Gade could qualify.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If PG officially declared his retirement and is not currently part of the drug testing program, then I don't think he is eligible.

For example, Bao ChunLai declared his retirement early in order to escape from the drug testing program, so he can treat his injuries with certain drugs.

Since Denmark has representatives already, Danish BA does not have a wild card anyway. Before the rule change effective last year, the host BA can freely field a wild card in each discipline, as Malaysia did when they were the host.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast