User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Victor SH-LYD

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Almost clicked on the "Report Post" button thinking it was the "Like/Thanks" button. LOL

Thanks Mark!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the sizing has been exactly the same as Yonex i.e. 26.5cm No matter where I get shoes from this is the most important criteria and I don't look for other numbers. Japan Yonex sizes were exactly the same as UK. Victor have been the same. I've had two pairs of Victor shoes both 265mm and they fit perfectly.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    For me the sizing has been exactly the same as Yonex i.e. 26.5cm No matter where I get shoes from this is the most important criteria and I don't look for other numbers. Japan Yonex sizes were exactly the same as UK. Victor have been the same. I've had two pairs of Victor shoes both 265mm and they fit perfectly.

Paul
    Well, a milimetre is a milimetre everywhere.

Mine are 275.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience with these two brands for shoes, I have to agree with Paul.
    I tried (for size only) my friends Yonex SHB-74 EX US9.5/27.5cm and it fit well both length and width (which I was surprised considering my go-to US10 Nike running shoes thinking the 9.5's would be small but it was just right)
    Fast forward to last night, tried on the SH-LYD-Q's in US9.5/27.5cm, the wave-y inner sole was different, I thought they were light, gave decent support (as I had used my running shoes to play while waiting for these to come in the mail)

Safe bet to go 27.5cm if you are that in the Yonex <=> Victor.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by okooko View Post
    In my experience with these two brands for shoes, I have to agree with Paul.
    I tried (for size only) my friends Yonex SHB-74 EX US9.5/27.5cm and it fit well both length and width (which I was surprised considering my go-to US10 Nike running shoes thinking the 9.5's would be small but it was just right)
    Fast forward to last night, tried on the SH-LYD-Q's in US9.5/27.5cm, the wave-y inner sole was different, I thought they were light, gave decent support (as I had used my running shoes to play while waiting for these to come in the mail)

Safe bet to go 27.5cm if you are that in the Yonex <=> Victor.
    Thanks! I'll place my order then!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very tempting to contact Victor and order a pair but I'm waiting. As the shoes will not arrive for several weeks there's no rush. Also, I have to consider whether a new pair of shoes is necessary as I don't wear them out.

It's taken me years to feel comfortable wearing coloured shoes. I now love my yellow 9100's but can I really go green or even pink? I feel a headache coming on as I deliberate for the 1000th time.

Paul

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very tempting to contact Victor and order a pair but I'm waiting. As the shoes will not arrive for several weeks there's no rush. Also, I have to consider whether a new pair of shoes is necessary as I don't wear them out.

It's taken me years to feel comfortable wearing coloured shoes. I now love my yellow 9100's but can I really go green or even pink? I feel a headache coming on as I deliberate for the 1000th time.

Paul
    Leave it to a coin toss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul
    As a relatively younger (20's) player and playing rather socially, it adds to the enjoyment of my game which includes some various jersey's/team outfits that I've been able to get my hands on as well as racquets and stupidly bright colored shoes such as these.

Hmm MBS dont have the Lime greens - if they did, I'd do another 2 pairs...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm MBS dont have the Lime greens - if they did, I'd do another 2 pairs...
    Contact Winston and see if he'll do a special order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Contact Winston and see if he'll do a special order.
    A friend has them in both colors, I'll be sourcing them from another supplier along with some Victor outifts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend has them in both colors, I'll be sourcing them from another supplier along with some Victor outifts
    Don't you just wish Victor would stock everything everywhere? I recently had to order a shirt from your back yard!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I can find some patience, I'll get some greens when they hit the UK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Don't you just wish Victor would stock everything everywhere? I recently had to order a shirt from your back yard!
    Not just everything everywhere, but at the same price and at the same time!

Not giving us stuff that was released 6-12mths ago in asia and selling it to us at steep prices. A bit like being flogged leftovers at a premium! lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Not just everything everywhere, but at the same price and at the same time!

Not giving us stuff that was released 6-12mths ago in asia and selling it to us at steep prices. A bit like being flogged leftovers at a premium! lol
    Well, the same price bit will never fly (unless they put a factory somewhere in Europe), but I think that any kit we see them wearing at a European tournament should be available in Europe.

Case in point: All England. I loved the black-and-blue shorts, so I asked Ben for a couple of pairs... Asia only. Shoes are fair enough - very personal, so I can forgive all the SH8500 E we saw (and could never buy), but textiles? Come on.

I wouldn't hang about getting any LYD in August, by the way - I very strongly suspect that they'll be a "one batch and done" deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not familiar with shipping arrangements, or lack of, to the UK. So are you guys saying that you can't physically order these from MBS/Racquetforce etc? to be delivered to the UK?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not familiar with shipping arrangements, or lack of, to the UK. So are you guys saying that you can't physically order these from MBS/Racquetforce etc? to be delivered to the UK?
    You can, but shouldn't we all be ordering goods from our own countries rather than having to import goods from abroad because A) it's cheaper B) you get the current stuff C) there's more variety.

It's a shame really because I would rather support a local UK business than having to get stuff from abroad.

I mean, companies like Apple are trying quite hard to release their newest products at the same time and at the same price across the globe, so I don't understand why badminton manufacturers don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    You can, but shouldn't we all be ordering goods from our own countries rather than having to import goods from abroad because A) it's cheaper B) you get the current stuff C) there's more variety.

It's a shame really because I would rather support a local UK business than having to get stuff from abroad.

I mean, companies like Apple are trying quite hard to release their newest products at the same time and at the same price across the globe, so I don't understand why badminton manufacturers don't.
    Well, it's not readily available where I am and the limited edition stuff is particularly hard to get i.e. transformer racquets, lyd shoes etc.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast