Victor SH-LYD

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Tango97, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Tango97

Tango97 Regular Member

Hi

I was just wondering has anyone bought the SH-LYD and how do they feel? What is the sizing like compared to Yonex? I've tried the Yonex SHB01LTD in 27CM/UK8 and they are perfect fit but I'm not sure whether or not to get the SH-LYD in 27CM, can anyone tell me if their sizing is the same or not?

banner_2033.jpg

Thanks

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I asked about these at the All England, and I was told that we wouldn't get them until the summer. By the looks of them, though, they seem to be a new colourway of the SH8500.

As far as sizing goes, I get my badminton shoes in the same size as my street shoes, and I've encountered no problems - my new P9100 have opened out very quickly. You can probably try on a pair of SH8500 to check the fit, though.

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    LYD shoe will arrive in Europe in August. I understand Victor Europe will have around 300 pair which is a small consignment. However, bearing in mind the colour will not appeal to many, hopefully they will sell out quickly considering the European market is vast.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Even I'm not brave enough to sport those pink ones. The green, on the other hand...:).

5. Tango97

Tango97 Regular Member

Thank you for your replies

I got a pair of the SH-LYD G in 265mm, will receive them on monday so I'll let you guys know how they are?

I wanted the Pink pair originally but can't seem to get hold of them yet so I'll wait another few weeks until I can get them

Thank you for your help Mark and Paul ^^

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Good luck with these Tango and please let us know how they feel. By the way, where did you order them from?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I'll be wearing my SH-LYD Q tomorrow for the first time. The shoe is lighter than my SH9000ACE, and if I remember correctly, just a tiny tad heavier than the SHA-850.

I thought, since I'm going for the model, might as well get the louder (pink) one! :D I'm not a young lad, mnd y'all .... Lol ...

Got mine here, via a proxy service :
    http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.25.ANscix&id=37383918099

From dry trial at home, the cushioning is softer than the SH9000ACE, but more comfortable then the Adizero BT Feather. The Adidas, with the Heel Stabilizer, makes the heel cushioning too firm, and in my opinion, didn't bring out the best in the Adiprene I love so much! The SH-LYD, feels just right.

The heel doesn't feel as stable (but still stable) as the SH900ACE and the Adizero BT Feather.

The SH9000ACE, is not a very responsive shoe, in my opinion, but that may not be its priority. The Adizero BT Feather is responsive, but a little too much vibration for my bad knee.

Let's see how the SH-LYD fare tomorrow ....

#7 atypical, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  8. Tango97

Tango97 Regular Member

I bought mine from a store in Hong Kong called e78, I just got them today. I will be using them today for a match so I'll let you guys know how it feels. The green isn't so bad, but that could be because I don't mind the bright colours. I will be getting the Pink ones in a few weeks time as well so its all good :p

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If either of you can compare them directly to the SH8500, that would be a great help... they seem pretty much identical from what we can tell.

10. Bluberry

Bluberry Regular Member

Um prolly bringing up a thread from the dead but just want to ask if anyone know a store or website that I can buy the pink ones from the US safely (lol)
    Thankssssss -Dan

11. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    mybadmintonstore has recently just added this pair of shoe to their website so I would advise buying them from their website.

Very reliable and delivery is very fast :)

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Never mind the pink ones, Winston - where's the green ones?!

13. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    My guess is for the market in HK and China they would more likely wear the pink ones since LYD was actually wearing that colour

Winston said he is able to get the green also at $129 but they have to be single orders, he won't be getting them in stock!

14. Bluberry

Bluberry Regular Member

Oh mbs already have them? Sweet I'll check them out thankssss -Dan

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I was told by the Victor liaison from Taiwan at the All England that the Taiwanese word "green" sounds like "lose", while "red" sounds like "win" (and that she had to beg LSM and TCH to wear the green P9100:D).

16. tecdecs

tecdecs Regular Member

high schooler
    i have a pink pair i like it a lot. its a pair of shoe that everyone will notice as soon as you put it on. they are light and feels lower than the 8500, and pretty wide in front by the pinky toe.

17. gabbyginner

gabbyginner Regular Member

any updates from those who have already tried them? Im curious as to how it performs as im interested to get it for my next pair of shoes!

18. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I have both the SH8500 and the LYD. To me, the LYD is an improvement on an already very excellent shoe (SH8500). Comparing to SH8500, the LYD :

1). has better (softer, more cushy) cushioning ;
    2). has better traction;
    3). is slightly lighter.

Both are build on very wide last, so I think you can go with your normal shoe size, no need to size-up.

19. gabbyginner

gabbyginner Regular Member

atypical - you mentioned 2). has better traction, are you playing hard, wooden planks or mats surface?
    I read somewhere that it doesnt perform well on hard(concrete) surfaces due to the cushioning and its going to affect my decision as I play on hard(concrete) about 30% of the time and wooden plank 70% of the time

20. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    For the LYD, I mainly use them on the green matt surface. I've used the SH8500 on the same surface before, and I still find the LYD superior.