User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Victor SH-LYD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    I have these shoes and I see no design flaw IMO. Plus I have been using them regularly 6 hours a week for the past 3 months. You're probably just unlucky.
    That could definitely be the case as well. Maybe mine just didn't, very barely, not have enough adhesive to those areas and those areas face the most lateral forces.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, what's your wt, ht, and shoe size?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what's your wt, ht, and shoe size?
    Yes, I think that plays a very big part.

200 lb, 5'11" and size 10.5 USA
    - trying to get down to 170 lb

Please note my other Victor shoes have been used for now 1 year 4 months with 3-5 sessions per week at 3 hours each session. Been replacing insoles only and definitely worn on the bottom so they became slippery but no ripped anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ordered through MBS for the first time, and it finally arrived (i'm in CA, US).
    i was little hesitant to buy it from overseas, but delivery was quicker than i expected. packaging wasn't all that great but this is not a fragile item in any means so i can let that go. i quickly tried one side on for fit so i can't give any reviews. i had yonex top of the line shoe(forgot the model name) for past 3 years and had no problem until sole started to wear out in the shape of my toe and feet. and then one side got ripped 3 weeks ago, and it was time for new pair of shows. while yonex fit perfectly, sh-lyd Q didn't feel like it was a perfect/comfortable fit with my quick try this morning. it felt little narrower and longer than yonex. external material (from the quick glimpse) was not as impressive as it looked in pictures. i'm not all together putting negative reviews at all, but sharing my first impression.

in any case, this is the shoe i wanted for a while now and i'm so excited to try it out tonight. will give better reviews after i break them in.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  65.5 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find them longer too. Ordered the same size for my 8500 and felt they were wider and longer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thought. I certsibly didnt find them longer or wider. I found the LYD to be a tighter fit but the same length as my 8500E both 265mm. I also recently got a pair of 8500D half a size smaller at 260mm and they still aren't as tight a fit as the LYD.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say I have only used mine less than 20 times, and I'm starting to get some wear on the inside of my non-racquet foot shoe. I know it's because I drag my non-racquet foot to lunge but with my previous shoes there is a bit of a "bumper" on the sole that prevents this.

The SHLYD doesn't have enough of a "bumper" so if you're like me and tend to drag one leg during lunges... beware!

Having said that, I love these shoes, they're probably the best I've had and I love the pink!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they're as inconsistent with shoes as they are with rackets? Haha I still like them though

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But I see no reason for such a noticeable inconsistency though. Owned Victor shoes since the 8100. The cut has always been perfect for me feet though hehe.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I too found them narrower fit than 9000ACE or 9100 or A850, which were all fine with my wide feet.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I too found them narrower fit than 9000ACE or 9100 or A850, which were all fine with my wide feet.
    OT: Funny bro. I tried the A850 in my usual 265mm size and hated the shoe. The fit was so tight that I hated it. But then again I disliked it's lack of a proper support brace like the claw or lateral support system.

Back on topic: Been watching the Denmark Open. Looks like Kim Ha Na is giving the shoe a try too hoho

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my green LYD for a few weeks. I took them on one of my residential courses and wore them from new without any issues. They are, without doubt the most comfortable shoe I've worn.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I've had my green LYD for a few weeks. I took them on one of my residential courses and wore them from new without any issues. They are, without doubt the most comfortable shoe I've worn.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Indeed - the pictures from your latest Lilleshall excursion are dominated by these searing greenish blobs at the bottom of your tracksuit.

(Andreas, can you bring a sample pair in EU43 to the All England, pwease?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also found them to be longer than the other victor.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11