Broken BS11

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by R20190, Mar 14, 2014.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Broke the handle of my BS11 a couple of nights ago with a backhand clear… I’ve only ever broken 1 other racquet in all the time I’ve played but this is a strange one. I’ve only had the racquet for about 8 months, so it’s still in fairly good condition.

https://imageshack.com/i/nbo0wdj][​IMG][/url]

When I took the grips off and had a closer look at the damage, it was clear to me that the length of the shaft that was embedded in the wood seemed too short which meant the repetitive prying force that the wood was subject to must have been quite high.

But in addition to this, the wood seemed a lot less dense compared to the likes of Yonex handles I have seen before. As I removed the remnants of the wooden handle that was still stuck to the shaft it just felt like it wasn’t really up to the job. Quite lightweight, which is good, but didn’t feel very strong, almost soft.

If Victor had made the shaft perhaps 1-inch longer, this probably wouldn’t have happened, or at least would have prolonged it happening significantly.

Even so, I’ve just ordered a new handle and will try and repair it myself. Will see how I get on.

#1 R20190, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  2. visor

visor Regular Member