to twlih. it's about mp88 vs ti swing power sr that u asked me!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by red00ecstrat, Mar 2, 2004.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    hey twlih:

i got both of them. my mp 88(s) are all 3ug4 and the ti swing power sr is g4.5 14-18 lbs (6-8kg).
    i had checked their balance points, they are virtually the same (kindda head heavy racket) and their shaft are equally flexible. i don't have a machine to measure how flexible they are. that's only my personal feeling on using them. both of them were strung with bg 65 at 22 lbs. infact, the shaft of the ti swing power sr is a little bit, very very little bit flexer than the my mp 88 3u. again, it's just my feeling. as i remember, i said "i play better with my mp 88" rather than the ti swing power sr" something like that. but it doesn't mean mp 88 is better than ti swing power sr. i guess it vary from player to player. it's all about how they hold the racket and how they swing it.
    the reason why i bought the ti swing power sr was infact getting a replacment of my broken mp 88. at that time mp 88 were out of stocks at hong kong and i had to play a few games!

i hope this help telih.

p.s some tips for u, if u think a racket is a bit too "head heavy". u can fine tune it's balance point by using a heavier/thicker grip. that's my little secret! perhaps many guys here do the same thing!
    one more thing telih, do u know how to read a private message? hehe.....just kidding.

red00ecstrat

#1 red00ecstrat, Mar 2, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  2. twlih

twlih Regular Member

Thank you for the your opinion.
    Yes the problem is I dont have the chance to try it before
    I buy it. I think my timing is sometime off when I use stiff rackets.
    So that is why I wanne see how those medium flex racket feels like

ps: yes i do know how to read PM....ehehheeh but thanks for
    the help anyway