Badminton training in Indonesia (any other packages?)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Cygnus, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Hi everybody!

I was considering getting a little bit more serious training to level-up my very low skills and I came across this package to train in Indonesia:

http://tinyurl.com/ptpqd42

Has anyone been there already or do you know of any other training camps like this you can recommend? Since I am a freelance translator, I was thinking of working abroad for some time while I dedicate most of my free time to some good training.

Cheers!

2. mlee2202

mlee2202 Regular Member

Hi Cygnus, have you tried it? What's the price and more importantly, how was it?;)

3. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Hi there!

Nope, my level is still quite low and I decided to train a little bit more here in my hometown before going there one month. I think it's a good deal, since you can train everyday and you have lodge and 3 lunches included. This is the price:

IDR 20.350.000, GBP 1.071 or 1.357 € (including 10% tax)

I was also kind of waiting for a friend of mine to join me and go together. I might try next year if I don't have any freelance projects I have to undertake. I might go two months and travel around Indonesia the second month after training.

Are you considering it?

4. mlee2202

mlee2202 Regular Member

Haha yea. I might have about a month break next year so was thinking about it. It's a good deal though. I might search for similar things in Malaysia if possible. Then I would be able to kill two birds with one stone, playing and be at home at the same time. ;)

Thanks for your reply.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    hi Cygnus. I had a discussion about this the other day with somebody else from UK. How much long lasting improvement are you expecting? One month is not that long a period of time for training. The first two weeks are taken up acclimatising to the environment - the heat and humidity are a killer. Then you try training 5 hours a day for three days in a row. Your legs become very fatigued.

If you don't get ill from bouts of food poisoning (unfamiliar environment), then you will get two weeks of effective training. That's not enough for effective change. Again, it all depends on the person and what level you aim for. If pro level, then probably 6 months. If good amateur level (let's say from decent local league to county level), then 6 weeks and more.

The person I was having the discussion with mentioned saw, from his perspective, players (who can play), go for short term training camps of two weeks. Those players come back temporarily better, but revert back to their original level of play once back in the home environment.

Not saying that short term camps are not effective. They are in providing insight. But if you are going to be travelling nearly halfway round the world, then I would be expecting more :)

#5 Cheung, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014