A good racket for me? XD

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by crinchpatatas, Mar 19, 2014.

1. crinchpatatas

crinchpatatas New Member

Hi everyone! xD I started playing badminton since I was a kid. Became a varsity in HS though it wasn't much cause basically our team wasn't that good compared to other schools. They have players who joins national league including my cousin. lol

So yeah, haven't played for a long long time now so my skills are definitely rusty. xD
    I think I'm in the mid of newbie and intermediate though my mates and people whom i play at the court before classifies me as somewhat intermediate.

One of my uncle is a coach but I haven't got contacts with him for about a year now so I need recommendations for rackets. :)

I've used different kinds of rackets before. Yonex, rsl, and some cheap ones. xD But I mostly use the light one. Around 4u-5u. And even balanced strung at 23-25lbs. I kinda feel that my smash are too weak and I need to make my swing harder to get a better clear at the end. Maybe a bad racket? I don't know but people always tell that my shots are fast just not that intimidating and I really don't get it.

So yeah, so much of my story lol. Me and my sister (she's kinda above new) including my cousin are planning on playing again and I need to get racket for me and her. Money isn't an issue. xD I'm considering getting a 4u Zforce 2 for me and an arc6 for my sister.

Would it be okay? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

zforce2 waste of money for your level tbh

3. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Start with arcsaber series, meteor series or bravesword series. Not sure if voltrics will suit you

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i agree with wha everyone had mentioned, spending over $200 on a racket is not that beneficial to both of you. you definitely have room to improve over time, but it will be harder because of the racket that you are using. i would recommend an even balance, flexible shaft, 3u racket. someone mentioned arcsaber which is a great choice. the reason why i would be discouraged from suggesting the zf2 is because it will be a very stiff racket for a beginner player and somewhat difficult to play with. i feel that it might be somewhat discouraging since you'll need to gain the right technique and strength first before using the zf2 properly. however, if you are not looking for much improvement and want to have a go at it with the latest racket and money is not a problem, i don't see why not. afterall, some on this forum actually collects rackets and don't use them. :)

5. crinchpatatas

crinchpatatas New Member

Thanks for the replies! :)
    So could I ask what kind of arcsabers would be good for us? I definitely want to be better so what do you think will suit us both? :)

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    If your smash is weak it wouldn't be good to wield a 5U 4U it's alright. I recommend the Arcsaber 7. Rated medium flex.

7. observer

observer Regular Member

Get what you really want :) no matter heavy/stiff/light/flexy racket. Practice proper technique and timing matters.

Strength, skill and feel of will improve from playing more badminton.

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

"Get what you really want :) no matter heavy/stiff/light/flexy racket."

Right, so all that matters is the paint job and the brand :rolleyes:

9. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

ZF2 maybe too much to handle for someone just coming out of hiatus. Try out some rackets which r more user friendly n easy to adapt. Imo these r:
    Yonex ArcS10, ArcS11, or
    Victor MX60, TK6000.

Whereas for ur sista, she can try ladies' rackets like:
    Yonex ArcS9FL or
    Victor BS12L.

Hope that helps.

10. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

Hi weak smash and clear is my problem too.

I have came to a conclusion, maybe getting a head heavy racket might help? But I could be wrong also. Do correct me if I am wrong.

How I came to that conclusion? Read on...

I am using NANOSPEED 5500 a 3U head light midium stiff racket. Recently I went to re-string my racket with BG66 at 22lbs as usual. And I added 3 grams of lead tape at the racket head to change the balance to slightly head heavy.

I tried a game, I feel a little bit more powerful. I have smashes that creates those loud "bang" sound.

I am not sure that is because of the string is new or because of the head heaviness of the racket that gives me that little bit more powerful.

Does the overall weight of the racket contribute to the amount of power it can output?

11. crinchpatatas

crinchpatatas New Member

So from your comments, I'm getting hyped on getting an arc now. lol. So what do you think would fit me better? The arc 7, 10, 11 or the I-slash?

12. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I think the 7 would be most fit for you! I slash lacks in the power department a lot unless you have a really good technique which I'm assuming not, if you have a fast swing opt for the 10 if you have a slower swing opt for the 7.