Solved my Knee pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by kentdenns, Mar 19, 2014.

1. kentdenns

kentdenns Regular Member

IT
    I have stressed my knees real real bad 2 months ago. It has been going for 3months. I tried taking Glucosamine and some rest. But the pain did not go away. I've read that glucosamine is good for the joints but maybe it is not a cure, it's just a supplement. I should have taken that regularly before I stressed out my knees. What solved my problem is the Superfeet Insoles, you can find my review here. I've been using it for 2months now, and my knee pain went away. I tried the Blue one and the Orange. The blue one I've ordered from jmall.sg and the orange I ordered from Amazon.com I am using the orange on my Li ning shoes and the blue one on my office shoes. Anyone of you tried superfeet or any other insoles to help with your injuries? Please post them here to also help others. Thanks:)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Tried them before. Found Spenco Total Support Max much better for my flat feet. :)

3. kentdenns

kentdenns Regular Member

IT
    That's great. Someday I will try those also, I wanted to feel the cushioning and see how it works out during the game. :)

4. ob3lix

ob3lix Regular Member

is this suitable for wide flat footer ??

i am currently using SCHOLL insole for flat foot. so far so good but i am looking to try others...

5. kentdenns

kentdenns Regular Member

IT

This is what confuses me before, many reviewers from amazon claimed that they are flat footed and they have benefited from this.but only few says no. What i can tell you is that superfeet has an archsupport so it may dig in to your flat foot.but the superfeet black could be good for you because of low arch support.however I have not heard of anyone that used them on badminton.if you got spare money, try the blue(arch support is lower than green and orange) or black.you could also try the spenco total support. World of sports sells spenco, you could try them first.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Changing to a new pair of badminton shoes does help with knee pain as well.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

i've got wide and flat feet... it's more important that your shoe is wide... but yes, it'll be suitable

8. ob3lix

ob3lix Regular Member

i was told since to get something "higher" in term of the arch to "balance" my feet so to prevent from causing more stress to the knee which will add into the pain of my knee... and true enough after using the SCHOLL insole, i have not been having pain tat often.. i only use the insole on my shoes for gym.. cant really fit nicely into my bad shoes...

yes will go find and check it out.. thanks..

9. ob3lix

ob3lix Regular Member

true... my shoes is normal width...

10. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    Tried the superfeet orange previously before in my previous badminton shoe. but what works for me better is getting silicone heel cups, this help reduce the impact on my knees when i lunge forward. Without the heel cups, i definitely can feel a difference after a few games.

11. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    I was in a similar position. I too have flat and wide feet and play using Scholl orthotic sports insoles. Almost during every session and after, I get pain around my right knee, especially when I lunge and going up the stairs.

IME, I would suggest you give your legs a good stretch, especially your hamstrings. I mean not just fingers touching your toes, but the whole palm of both hands on the underside of your feet, comfortably.

This relieved the pain for me.

12. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

Policy & Research Coordinator
    the best thing to get for flat feet (which i have) is to get custom orthortics (carbon flex type). itll give you bounce and align your foot. with flat feet your feet over pronate too.

youll need to go to a qualified podiatrist or orthotist to get your feet measured.

all those gimmicky off the shelf insoles like spenco and superfeet etc are a waste of money

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Just out of curiosity, have you tried Spenco Total Support Max?

Because I have both that which costs $29 and custom orthotic that costs $400. Granted, the more expensive one lasted 2-3x longer, but they both provided the same excellent support and cushioning. :)

#13 visor, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  14. kentdenns

kentdenns Regular Member

IT
    You are correct, it would be a waste of money for some people. But It could also save money for lots of people. So some people try spenco or superfeet first, if it works, then great. If not, they would need to refer to a podiatrist. But if you have more money to spare, go straight to your podiatrist for a custom one.

15. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

@kentdenns Hi, I was glad to see this thread. I was just wondering if you find any differences between the orange and the blue superfeet? All I know is the orange one is for high volume and high profile where as the blue on is for med volume and med profile.

I just bought a pair of blue one to replace the original insoles because I find the original one does not provide enough support for my feet and my arc. (I actually brought my shoes to the shop and try out both orange and blue.) The orange one will be too tight for my feet. I have also ordered another brand call PowerStep from the states to try them out, waiting for them to arrive. I have not tried Spenco Total Support Max thought.

The picture I attached here shows the original and the blue SuperFeet in soles. I was surprise to see that the original one came with the shoes do not provide a lot of support to the arc.

View attachment 160845

16. kentdenns

kentdenns Regular Member

IT
    Hi ahcash, you are correct with the Orange one having higher profile but the difference is really small. The main difference with the Orange and the Blue is the fore foot padding. I could not use my orange superfeet on my office shoes because it would be too tight. It is because of the higher profile and the padding in front that consumes the space on my office shoes. For me to be able to use my orange one comfortably, I ordered my badminton shoes .5 inch larger than my normal size.

Please let me know the performance of the
    PowerStep once you have tried it out. Thanks :)