Yonex badminton stringing worksheet

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Ashdelsol7, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    does anyone know where you can buy or download a badminton stringing worksheet slip.....the ones that are put round the handles once they have been restrung and they state tension/type of string etc......I cant seem to find them anywhere and didn't know if they are available to the general public......it would be a lot better than writing peoples tensions and name on sticky notes!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Just make them - that's what we did for the All England. You can get at last half a dozen on an A4 sheet.

3. Ashdelsol7

Cad
    think I might have to make them......cant seem to find anywhere on the internet that has them. I commented on another post mark about different stringing tensions for mains and crosses. I have read up about addind 2lbs extra on the crosses but cant get my head around the logic of it. When I take the rackets off my machine the rackets are exactly the same shape as before they were mounted......does this mean that I don't need to add the extra tension on the crosses? I have a 6 point mount machine with load spreaders so everything is stable?! Surely with the width of a racket being shorter than the length of a racket the extra tension should be put on the mains instead of the crosses?!

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If your rackets come out the right shape without the +2, then you don't need it.

The rationale is that as the crosses are tightened, the mains get extra tension as they change from straight to zig-zag, so without the +2 (or whatever), the mains wouldn't be the same true tension as the crosses.

There's a lot to take into account - top-down vs bottom up, for example - but before/after frame shape is the arbiter, IMO.

5. Ashdelsol7

Cad
    ah right I get it thanks a lot for that.......if only someone else could have explained it as easy as that. I have started stringing top down after reading some of your posts.....the racket is a lot more stable and the frame doesn't contort as much when stringing top down for me

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor