Where to buy Gamma Badminton Clamp (MDCSC11)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by xgumbyx, Mar 22, 2014.

1. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Hello everyone. I ordered my first stringing machine (Gamma Progression 602-FC) from ATS Sports about a month ago now. Along with the machine I ordered two Gamma badminton fixed clamps (SKU MDCSC11) however only 1 was shipped and the other was backordered. My purchase order said the clamp should ship within two weeks however after calling ATS sports they say maybe May. I've managed to string a few rackets (for myself) using 1 tennis and 2 badminton clamp however it is far from ideal.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a MDCSC11 clamp at a reasonable price (other than ATS Sports of course). I paid $64.94USD from ATS per clamp. Shipping from within North America is preferred as shipping can be quite expensive if it comes from overseas.

Thanks for your help.

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    You could always ask them to send a Universal clamp instead for the trouble. ATS's service is quite good, maybe they'll do it.

3. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

I second yan's. I am using the Gamma Universal Clamps for badminton and have found them quite decent. The prices are not too expensive either. Try to call ATS again maybe? From my experience their service is quite good.

4. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I just sent an email to ATS in hopes they can do something. The original shipping time for the backorded clamp was two weeks however it has been a month now since the original ship date and no word from ATS. Hopefully they can work a deal on the universal clamp, otherwise it is another $200 plus I'll have wasted $70 a single badminton clamp sitting here all lonely and unused.

zombie0517, have you tried both the universal and badminton specific fixed clamps? If yes, how do they compare? Do you have to move the mains around when doing the crosses like I have to do with the OEM clamps that come with the 602?

5. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Just got a call from ATS, they managed to find a mate to my single MDCSC11. Hopefully within 10 days or so (cross border shipping) they'll be able to live in harmony.

ATS to their credit did say in their shipping email that the one MDCSC11 was backordered however I missed it as it was at the bottom of the email and I must have been in a rush when reading it. This in entirely my fault. That said, a quick phone call from them when they are unable to ship a full order would go a long way in my opinion. I see it every day in my line of work where a two second phone call will get the job done much better than an email. I too am guilty of it at times.

6. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Glad they could help you out! ATS' service and support is one of the best imo. Never had a problem with them and they're always fast.

7. ToiYeuCauLong

ToiYeuCauLong Regular Member

Does your Gamma universal clamp (MDCSC-13) have a problem of the teeth getting stuck on the string bed and not falling on gravity upon releasing the clamp handle?

8. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

On occasion but usually only due to friction when working on the crosses on 72 hole racquets near C11,C10,A11, and A10.