User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best way to learn how to string a badminton racket?

Hi,

A newbie here. What is the best way to learn how to string a badminton racket?

Through a workshop? If it is a workshop, does anyone know anybody who is able to teach in Singapore?
    Videos?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

watch and learn from youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/user/BadmintonCentralTV

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch kwuns videos. His point of view is really great he explains things good as well, going to get a machine soon so I can save money (cheap Asian ) haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    I am pretty much at the same point as the OP. I am about to get my machine so during the wait I have been watching your videos and it helps a lot!

One thing I am still confused about though is what starting knot do you use? It looks different from the knot you teach and you have not explained it.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vctrku View Post
    I am pretty much at the same point as the OP. I am about to get my machine so during the wait I have been watching your videos and it helps a lot!

One thing I am still confused about though is what starting knot do you use? It looks different from the knot you teach and you have not explained it.

Thanks!
    Many different starting knots exist, and most are as good as the other ones.

I use a "Bulky knot". It's easy to do and works great.

See how to do it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT1cXy-6Wz0

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vctrku View Post

Thanks!
    glad they help. that's how we learn in the old days, hang out in badminton store and watch the guy string, there are some details but overall, the process is not a big mystery that cannot be learned by watching.

and these days with youtube and this forum, it makes it even easier to learn to string.

as for the starting knot, mine is just a double half hitch, basically do a half hitch, don't tighten it, and then wrap around it again. seems to work for me for even the thinnest string up to 30lbs. i do double pull on the 1st cross though so that makes it a bit easier. if you directly pull on the 1st cross, it may not hold.