Heavy clamping on racket frame!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by poohpooh, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Recently i brought my brand new arc saber 11 to a reputable stringer aka haribito method, my racket frame got damage by the stringing clamping tools at all 4 corners, when you feel the racket frame there is a few hump and worst at 10 o'clock there is some dent. The stringer invited me to his home and show me the machine and explain to me his grandmother stories trying to push away all the faults he created. Then he came to a solution to help me sell away the racket, i was like ok this is a good solution.

After that he called me saying he got many rackets to string and wanted me to take back my damage racket so not to mess up their racks, i met him and he starting to tell me his grandmother stories again showing me pics of possible situations where the frame might get damage. I was like ok now you going to push all the faults to me.

Conclusion he blame the tag surround the racket frame causes the whole damage.

Note: My racket is brand new, did a thorough check at the frames before sending for stringing.

I hope all BC'ers becareful of this stringer, and till now i am very disappointed with him.

2. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Location: SG, West area - if you do meet him and string by him do take pics, before its too late that he will pushes all the faults to you.

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Pictures please of your racquet?

4. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

20140322_110102.jpg

Here you go, there are a few bumps only when you feel with your bare hands.

5. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Pic shows the 10o'clock damage done by him.

6. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    The paint on the arc11 is really delicate.

7. swunk

swunk Regular Member

well i personally don't like the dents because of the stringer's tools either.
    but there will come the time when you will stop caring about every little dent and start caring about the game.
    it was funny when i lent a couple of my brand new rackets to my coach for a couple of weeks or so and when he returned them they looked like they were 10 years old, a lot of paint missing on the frame, scratches and so on. That's because he plays on wooden floors and a lot of defensive shots are from the ground. All his rackets look the same. What i do? I laugh at that, because it's not the tool that matters, it's the game.

8. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Even that being said, he did not admit it his fault. And he make up stories just to push the blame.

9. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Its up to individual, let say if i were to lend you a car and you came back with a dent. cheers to it?

10. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Out of curiosity, what tension did you ask for?

11. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

tension was 25lbs

12. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Not trying to establish blame. I've done a couple of arc11s and the first one convinced me to never string another beyond the recommended max without informing the owner that it's on them if it breaks. I actually gave the owner my old, cracked arc8dx to use as a spare and it's stronger than his arc11.

13. swunk

swunk Regular Member

the comparison is incorrect, if it's a derby rally car, then no, i wouldn't care

14. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

Do we really have any haribito stringer in SG?
    Do you mind pm me his contact?

15. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    Wht stories did he make up to push the blame?

16. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Just to let BC'ers take caution over this stringer. I am sick of it already and i find it very ridiculous of his stories.

17. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Hey Bro, move on. Once bitten, Twice shy. There are always other stringer around that can do the Job. Do PM me if you need more information.

18. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Hey. Anyone can pm me a reliable stringer? I don't exactly string at high tensions. 24-25. But most importantly. No scratches. Hehe

19. nivla76

nivla76 Regular Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395749332.184818.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395749346.283904.jpg
    Picture is taken with the racket on the machine.

It shows that the mounting clamp is not touching on the "injured" area of the racket neither do the base clamps are able to touch the particular area. As I do not use an awl during stringing thus shall not elaborate further.

Had tried different methods of achieving the same wound by playing a bit of CSI:
    1) using strings to rub against the frame - results returned unable to damage frame with the so called clamp marks

2) tried using different tools that would cause such a marking and the best possible "culprit" is the second picture attached as it sits nicely onto the groove marks.

Having a customer that takes extra care in their rackets would only encourage us to return him his racket first to make way for a bulk of rackets that is coming in thus returning his racket to him while searching for a buyer is a much safer choice.

20. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I must be missing something in the first pic but where is the damage? Is is near the "A" in Carbon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.