Victor MX 80: Cone description correct?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by goku999, Mar 27, 2014.

1. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Hi All,

I have just received an item MX 80 from Tennisnuts. Although it is a reputable company and a listed Victor retailer, I just want piece of mind to whether this racket is what it says it is.

On the cone, it specifically states 4U G5 however on the paper description covered by the plastic wrap, it says weight approx 87g and grip size G3. Which to believe? :crying:

Now, other retailers such as centralsports don't list the MX 80's weight category, only its weight. Additionally, I thought that 87g is a 3U? :crying:

Also, it isn't clear on the photo but the engraving on the shaft next to the cone reads:
    DEB0109825

2014-03-27 11.03.12.jpg

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    2014-03-27 11.55.21.jpg

Forgot to attach this image.

3. Deity

Deity Regular Member

You worry too much. It's legit. Everything looks good to me. And try removing the plastic wraps and measure it again. It's going to be in the 4U range after you do. And dont mind whats written on the paper lol the cone says it all and the engravings look good

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You don't really need to remove the plastic wraps - I prefer not to as in case I want to sell it later and it also ensures the holograms are protected.

Genuine Victor racquets have 2 plastic wraps and together they weigh about 2.5g. Strings add about 3.5g. Subtract these from the overall weight of the racquet to get the dry weight.

They may have just put the wrong label on accidently. I know that at some point Victor reversed their grip notation to be inline with other manufacturers (about 1-2 years ago iirc).

5. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Thanks for the replies.

I was really hoping this was going to be the 3U version of the racket here in the UK judging by the listed weight of 87g. Guess I was wrong.

So has the MX80 always been 4U G5 in the UK? Anyone know?

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Would normally cut the round hologram n stick it to the cone. A bit extra work but it ensures the racket's genuine in later sale.
    ( ^.^)

If overgrip is applied on the handle, it would be ard 7.5g to b subtracted from the wet weight.