Badminton group/place in Burnaby

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Inconsistent, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Inconsistent

Inconsistent Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

I'm currently residing in Burnaby and going to BCIT for schooling and was wondering if there are any places/groups for badminton?
    I've gone to BCIT for badminton but I find the venue to be pretty subpar though it is only a 10 minute bus ride for me.
    I live somewhat close to Brentwood Mall and was wondering if there are any places that I could play that aren't too far and would have some good competition.
    I'm not sure how to exactly classify my playing level but I would say I am a competitive player and have played in tournaments before.
    Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

2. Inconsistent

Student
    Has anyone had any experience playing at the Hastings community centre on Tuesdays nights? I have been to the Britannia community centre a few times though I found it a little crowded at times.Also if anyone would be interested in doing some drills and is looking for a training partner I'd be interested.Thanks!

3. Inconsistent

Student
    Hi,
    Guess this is a pretty late bump but I'm still looking for a place/people to play with.
    If anyone is in the vicinity or knows of a place I'd love to get back to play as its been months.

Thanks again.

4. DaiLo

DaiLo New Member

student
    hello if your still looking for a partner to practice or play with Im interested. I play around in richmond and Vancouver.
    Can play anytime :D :)

Pm ME

5. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

To keep my rackets away from the 12 minute NASCAR
    I live in Burnaby also but find that the best facilities to play at are all in Richmond. Our group plays Saturday drop-in's from 9am-5pm. Likewise, we're a competitive group that play a fast-paced doubles game. As for level, we're Badmintology red-shell to low-level blue shell. Other things to know, we are cheap so we play plastic. If someone brings feather, we'd gladly play them with their supply. If you're interested and willing to travel, feel free to join in.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Cool! Where's the drop in? Clear One? RichPro?

7. Inconsistent

Student
    Hi 2-yota
    I'd definitely be interested in joining you guys, which location do you guys play at?
    Would i be required to bring any plastics? Currently i do not have any but I'd be willing to use some of my feathers for a few games.
    I've played badmintology a few times but I'm not sure how i would rate myself but hopefully the levels will be similar.
    Thanks again!

8. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

To keep my rackets away from the 12 minute NASCAR
    We played regularly at Smash but as of today, their facility has announced that they are shut down. So we are moving our group to Clear One (Leslie) which from what I heard, will be closing in the very near future too unfortunately. Regardless, we'll be the new faces at C1 this Saturday anyhow. The drop-in there is not bad. The players at C1 are pretty good with their rotations and fairly easy to get into games with. Feel free to PM me if want to come check it out!