traning with resistance band

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by chongkiatz, Mar 29, 2014.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Recently i bought resistance band, what the best routine to train out str?

And do we use the less heavy band to do as many as we can or better to use the most heavy band to do it?

2. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    I don't know about routines but using the less or the most heavy band depends on what you want to train.

If you want to train stamina, use the less heavy band with more reps.
    If you want to train "explosive power", use the most heavy band with less reps.

Best is probably to use both. 1 day stamina training with less heavy, 1 day rest, 1 day power with heavy, 1 day rest.

Rest depending on how far you go with the training :) But when you trained heavy it is best to keep atleast 24 hours of rest.

3. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Thx for the reply, its better to train 1 day and rest 1 day? I thought do it constantly everyday will be better?

4. jump_smash81

jump_smash81 Regular Member

Yes.. better to train 1 day then rest 1 day. This way will make your muscle recover back after working hard..I hv using resistance band too.. my target is to
    hv better stroke...

5. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    You can train everyday as long as you rotate body parts everyday. Typically I did this for my workout regime for weights but you can use resistance bands too:Day 1. Work out core, bicep, tricep, runDay 2. Work out chest, shoulder(deltoids, rotator cuff), walkDay 3. Work out legs(quads, hamstring, calves), coreDay 4. Work out back(lats, lower back, upper back), bicep, tricep, walkDay 5. Work out Chest, shoulder, run**Changes based on whether I play badminton on those days or not.**Always stretch after working outThere are plenty of helpful resistance band training out there like:-external and internal rotation for rotator cuff-rows for your back deltoidshttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw10.htmThis website gives you a few examples, but weights would probably be better afterwards.