User Tag List

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 568
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,069
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Don't see Tian Houwei's name, last-minute withdrawal, maybe. For CHN, apart from Lin Dan and Wang Shixian, the rest are second stringers and juniors.
    Maybe to ensure that LD can get in. China's last spot is taken up by a qualifier.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,055
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was hoping to see Sun Yu but no luck, and she was also absent from the ongoing CHN Masters GPG.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,055
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    Maybe to ensure that LD can get in. China's last spot is taken up by a qualifier.
    Oh,I see, the qualifier is Liu Kai (not sure of his age).

    MAS, in the absence of LCW, has their 4th MS spot filled by a certain Chong Yee Han, born 11th Oct 1994 (biodata from BWF).

    In WS, THA has a strong lineup in Intanon R, Porntip B, N Jindapon and Busanan O - their top 4. JPN has Eriko Hirose, Sayaka Takahashi, Mitani Minatsu and Kaori Imabeppu. KOR has Sung JH and Bae YJ. TPE has Tai TY and Pai HM. IND has PV Sindhu.

    In MS, looking at the lineup, Lin Dan should be well tested here, challenging considering his comeback is after such a long layoff.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,959
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    K.Srikanth vs LinDan in the first round...
    No Saina nehwal.. Only P.V.Sindhu.
    Another learning experience for Srikanth after last week challenged Lee CW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    In WS, THA has a strong lineup in Intanon R, Porntip B, N Jindapon and Busanan O - their top 4. JPN has Eriko Hirose, Sayaka Takahashi, Mitani Minatsu and Kaori Imabeppu. KOR has Sung JH and Bae YJ. TPE has Tai TY and Pai HM. IND has PV Sindhu.
    Agree, WS discipline is still competitive in the absence of last year champion and runner-up.

    Quote Originally Posted by bennydut View Post
    No Participation from INA team, does it mean INA will pay a big fine to skip this tournament too?
    It looks like a big boycott for this tournament from the INA team
    Big question why INA squad misses BAC

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Big question why INA squad misses BAC
    Don't you read the news that they are having a training camp to prepare TUC in Kudus?

    Well, but still, I guess sending out those youngster in XD like Gloria, Edi, Alfian, or even Jordan/Debby or Widianto/Dili wouldn't hurt because they are mixed specialist and is not needed much in TUC.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    648
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't get why China withdraw Chen Long, Wang Zhengming, and Du Pengyu.

    If CBA wanted to get Lin Dan into the draw, why not just withdraw the lower ranked players that are still higher than Lin Dan?

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennydut View Post
    Don't you read the news that they are having a training camp to prepare TUC in Kudus?
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    I don't get why China withdraw Chen Long, Wang Zhengming, and Du Pengyu.

    If CBA wanted to get Lin Dan into the draw, why not just withdraw the lower ranked players that are still higher than Lin Dan?
    I think it's clear from the draw that, in the case of China as well, none of the players who are bound for the TUC are going to Gimcheon. The only exception is perhaps Wang Shixian. The reason for not sending Chen, Wang, and Du is thus clear. What is less clear is the reason for pulling Wang Shixian away from Uber Cup training. I wonder if the Chinese are intent on pulling off a sweep with their B team. With all those talented youngsters and Lin Dan, they have a very good chance and the only exception is in WS, where Wang Shixian is perhaps the best single-threat chance in that department. Perhaps they didn't expect Sindhu, Tai, and the top Thais and Japanese to show up or that just wasn't a good enough reason to interfere with Uber Cup training.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,959
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennydut View Post
    Don't you read the news that they are having a training camp to prepare TUC in Kudus?

    Well, but still, I guess sending out those youngster in XD like Gloria, Edi, Alfian, or even Jordan/Debby or Widianto/Dili wouldn't hurt because they are mixed specialist and is not needed much in TUC.
    Yes, I read that news but none of INA player to participate BAC, it's just a surprise. I know winning Thomas Cup is PBSI big target this year and Asian Games Gold as well beside World Champonships.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    I don't get why China withdraw Chen Long, Wang Zhengming, and Du Pengyu.

    If CBA wanted to get Lin Dan into the draw, why not just withdraw the lower ranked players that are still higher than Lin Dan?
    well, they have to. BAC has changed its rules this year. At least 4 CBA MS players ranked higher than LD must withdraw, then LD is able to get into the draw. Also, all first stringer players need to prepare for TUC. But WSX is an exception. Look at the draw, WSX will meet all her possible WS2 opponents in the UC. It's also good for WSX's preparation for the UC, plus that she never win this title and most of CHN top WS players, from the past to now, have got the title.

  10. #27
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is not true...actually we were planning to send quite a lot but Korean visa takes 5 working days plus 18 TH is Good Friday so most players after singapore could not apply on time..some went home on Friday and submitted on Monday and been told visas are ready by Tuesday..before that we did write to Korean Badminton Association to write letter to Korean Embassy and the reply was not favorable.....then the players went to NZ could not apply also before as NZ took 10 working days and we wrote to NZ badminton which promised to fast track the visas so we could apply Korean but again no reply at all...

  11. #28
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dieter_spath View Post
    well, they have to. BAC has changed its rules this year. At least 4 CBA MS players ranked higher than LD must withdraw, then LD is able to get into the draw. Also, all first stringer players need to prepare for TUC. But WSX is an exception. Look at the draw, WSX will meet all her possible WS2 opponents in the UC. It's also good for WSX's preparation for the UC, plus that she never win this title and most of CHN top WS players, from the past to now, have got the title.
    CBA did withdraw his players, basically if you rank 1-26, you must attend or pay $2000 fine if no medical certificate is given

  12. #29
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem with BaC that they should have planned at least 2 months ahead but been told nothing is sure especially after LYD case so we could not apply visa and tournaments on time..been told exactly after 1 month ...and we had players competing at Vietnam, Malaysia GPG then India visa,etc

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    It is not true...actually we were planning to send quite a lot but Korean visa takes 5 working days plus 18 TH is Good Friday so most players after singapore could not apply on time..some went home on Friday and submitted on Monday and been told visas are ready by Tuesday..before that we did write to Korean Badminton Association to write letter to Korean Embassy and the reply was not favorable.....then the players went to NZ could not apply also before as NZ took 10 working days and we wrote to NZ badminton which promised to fast track the visas so we could apply Korean but again no reply at all...
    Thanks for sharing. Just curious, aren't all these professional players (not just from INA) carry long term visa (eg: yearly, may be?) for these countries (eg: China, Korea, etc...)? It doesn't make sense (to me) that these professional players have to apply for visa on per entry basis.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I heard Lin dan withdrawn from this tournament ?

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    CBA did withdraw his players, basically if you rank 1-26, you must attend or pay $2000 fine if no medical certificate is given
    i wonder how the fines of $2000 define for doubles players?

    $2000 x 2 players ?

    if one of the two players attend, still need to pay fines ?

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,069
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    I heard Lin dan withdrawn from this tournament ?
    What's your source?

    LYB is looking forward to seeing LD's performance at BAC to decide whether to bring him to TC. He may also want to know why LD would withdraw.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Oh,I see, the qualifier is Liu Kai (not sure of his age).
    Liu Kai turned 20 in November.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •