do you know short, light weight head heavy racet for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tailcough, Mar 31, 2014.

1. tailcough

tailcough New Member

truckdriver
    hello everyone im new in here!
    i like victor 7300 but it is long size and stiff. how long is karakal 60?
    if someone know light weight, head heavy, short and medium stiff racet abaut 100€ tell me please! important specs is light and head heavy

if somebody are intrested i could send pictures of my homemade stringing machine=)

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Welcome to BC.

A home-made stringing machine?
    Now that is certainly interesting!

3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Karakal BN60 (dry-weight not more than 70gr, BP 301mm -- equal to head-heavy VT80, so far better choice in term of price-wise, durability)

ArcFB (dry weight about 74-76gr, BP 295mm -- head-balance, more expensive, very fragile!)

4. tailcough

tailcough New Member

truckdriver
    vt80 is too heavy for my style. and fb is too fragile. maybe victor 7000 or 7400 are shorter than 7300. i dont know why lenght dont exist in specs.. 300 balance point means different in 665mm or 680mm racet . if someone have karakal 60 tel me lenght!

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

The length of racket is basically the same. Very few players care about what length their racket is (i meant like, few in thousand players). What occasional players care are:

1. Brand -- or whatever the professional players use.

2. Weight of racket (3U, 4U, 5U, and latest outbreak by Yonex... 6U - the lightest but still approved by BWF... which Karakal and other small companies already had years ago)

3. Stiffness of racket (Flexible, Medium Flex, Stiff, Extra Stiff)

4. Balance Point of racket. (Head-Heavy 296-303mm, Even Balanced 290-295, Or Head-Light 285-290)

5. Length of racket (length from top head frame to top of the handle cap, or the length of the handle grip). But all in all, NEVER once i've seen one racket is visibly longer than others, maybe there are but it is only 1-3mm differences and pretty sure it won't affect the way you cover the court. I've seen shorter rackets though (tennis, pingpong racket, electric mosquito racket)

I agree with everybody, including you that YONEX has failed in producing ACR-FB racket to be reliable and durable (no doubt the racket perform very well while it still alive). DO NOT attempt to buy ARC FB unless you dont know where else to spend your money. Karakal BN60 (according to hundred reviews from BC and google) are much more durable than ARC FB and cheaper. I have not tried it myself but will buy a pair in couple weeks. It's written on the frame that recommende tension is max 30Lbs, which Yonex has never dared enough to reach that guarantee number (Max recommended they got is 26Lbs, Victor/LiNing/Kason/RSL/Adidas,etc... all already wrote 30Lbs in at least one of their racket)

And as suggestion between us who play badminton, do not ask any badminton players or even the seller question like... what's the length of the racket (unless you are buying NON-Badminton racket). It's like you get inside the taxi, the driver asks you where do you wanna go, and you answer "There!" Hope this answer your doubt why "length don't exist in specs" (some manufacture attach the length of the rackets on the shaft, like RSL but it doesn't mean a thing!)

6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I'm just going to throw this out there. If you could upload pictures of your homemade stringing machine to this forum that would be pretty cool.

7. joyliangese

joyliangese New Member

300 balance point means different in 665mm or 680mm racet . if someone have karakal 60 tel me lenght![​IMG]

8. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

ArcSaber Z-Slash could be a good choice because it's relatively short, head heavy-ish, lightweight, and may be in your budget depending on local retailers, because it's from 2010, i think.

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Too bad your request wasn't three years ago -- I gave away two SOTX Winner Kinsmen 8080+ rackets to some youngsters back then. They were exactly your specs: 665 mm long. weights were probably 85g but felt lighter. medium stiff. slightly head heavy. Oval shaped frame. And the price was incredibly low.
    If you could find one of those on ebay Finland you'd be happy.

Good luck in your hunt for your type of racket. (I respect a man who knows what he wants!):)