Position of the player, when the partner is attacking from right rear corner

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Herzfrequenz, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Herzfrequenz

Herzfrequenz Regular Member

At first i want to say that our level of footwork and power of the smash are medium.
    Well, i notice that when i am attacking from the right down the line or to the center, it is hard to my partner to hit fast and sharp answers to the left rear corner. I'm too not always on time there and generally, if I’m on time, then can hit only backhand.

Somehow my partner was one of the strongest players of my city, who among other issues is enough clever and deceptive player. And he in the moment of my hit from right rear standing with me almost in parallel. Since i saw his style of play, then even not asking him - if he will be on time or not to the shuttlecock to the right corner of the net. I am sure he will be.

There is a question: maybe me and my partner always should go to the left corner of the rear, when second player is attacking from the right rear corner. And after smash of the right player both partner must control their right and left half - and forecourt and rearcourt. And because you take the right side of the net with a forehand, you will get there much faster then if situation was mirrored and you were controlling the left side of the net.

Does the height of a player matter? For instance an episode from Boe/Mogensen, which just replicates my sugestion.

[video=youtube_share;XvM7GRAJPko]http://youtu.be/XvM7GRAJPko[/video]

2. faaiz

faaiz Regular Member

assistant manager
    [video=youtube;EokTPUWwLW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EokTPUWwLW8[/video]

In this video it seems like got 2 different rotation..for chinese pair..the person who smash from the baseline will take the second shot that arrive at his baseline(the same person that cross smash)....but for denmark pair, when the person smash from baseline..the second shot that arrive at baseline his partner will take the shot...

Anyone can explain this...which more better rotation..or im looking in wrong point of view

#2 faaiz, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. Herzfrequenz

Herzfrequenz Regular Member

Both at Danes and at Chinese one left-handed, and the second right-handed person. Сonsider it.

4. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    A quick answer for you and the other poster - if you are at the back of the court (right OR left) and you are in good balance and nearer the middle of the court, then any shot that comes back to the baseline is yours to cover. However, if you are off balance, or extremely WIDE in the court (i.e. in the tramlines) then at a high level, your partner will cover the remaining three corners. This is called helping your partner.

So, depending on how wide you are in the court, and how well balanced you are (and some tactical things like who is the best back court/front court player), your partner may take the next shot, or you will take it. To be honest, its almost as simple as the closest player takes the shot - because if you are really wide in the court (forehand or bakchand side), your partner is closer to the next shot, so they should get it.

Good luck!

5. faaiz

faaiz Regular Member

assistant manager
    The most accurate answers, tq