Badminton String Tension Maintain?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by garyfjh, Apr 4, 2014.

1. garyfjh

garyfjh Regular Member

Hi All,

I recently (15 Mar 14) string (BG66) a racquet (Lining) with digital tension of 25

First few weeks, the hitting feel, sound and smash are very promising

But after that (3 Apr 14), the tension no longer giving me such feel anymore

Is there anything to do with string method? or the closure tie up is not good?

I tried other shop and the tension maintain till my string is broken

May need some help over here

Thanks,
    Gary

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Sir, unfortunately ALL strings will lose tension over time and impact with shuttles during use. Strings usually give the best feel when freshly strung - after the effective stringbed tension plateaus, it is dependent on whether if the overall feel is still tolerable for you. Some players prefer this while most don't.

A simple reason why professional players have their all racquets freshly strung during the week before they start a tournament.

One thing you might want to try is have the racquet strung 1x - 2x lbs higher and then let the tension plateau to your desire first before playing with the racquet. It will take a bit of experimentation, otherwise there is nothing you can do about it. (Although this is considering you have more than one racquet for use).

3. garyfjh

garyfjh Regular Member

Hi Blitz,
    Thanks, I got it already
    Will try up your suggestion

4. visor

visor Regular Member

go back to the store that gave you the best tension retention and ask for the same stringer always

imo, there can be a big difference in the stringer's ability and experience

5. garyfjh

garyfjh Regular Member

i am not too sure the experience will comply to manual/ digital stringing?
    some times i feel that manual stringing makes my racket broken at the frame area due to over strung it at certain area...i cannot confirm that too....