Rule Survey

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Bad Enthusiast, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Bad Enthusiast

Bad Enthusiast Regular Member

Please click on below webpage

#1 Bad Enthusiast, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. but how do you determine which team is stronger?

is there a ranking system already in place? how about scratch pairs? or pairs that has never played together? what if team A beats team B beats team C?

strength in skill can be quite a subjective measure. unless there is objective measure like a ranking system, it is hard to say which is which.

were there an incident that causes you to create the survey?

3. Bad Enthusiast

Kwun

Thanks the comment! Actually, I put players assumed Man1 stronger than Man2, Man 2 stronger than man3 so on.. Players would be constant to avoid so many variable argument. Then use the table to judge the group1 does or doesn't break the rule.

I found out most of the leagues which set up regulation was not enforced clearly. This one is one of interesting rule which seem easy to be judged. But the result may be differ with your expectation.

I put it here is just for fun and prove of my idea ! Because many players may interest to vote on it!

:)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think it is hard to judge unless the difference in strength is very clear. otherwise, it can be subjective. a guy might look good on court, but can't play a real game.

i still remember back in the old days when i still used to play tournaments, i entered both level B and level C. one of the organizer saw me play before and scolded me telling me i am a B player and i shouldn't be playing in C.

well, the truth was that, up to that point, i have only gone up to semi final in C before (and lost) and never passed first round in B. how did she judge that i am a B player and should not be playing C?

5. Bad Enthusiast

I think playing double team would little differ. You may classify which team would be stronger.

At my age. There were not much rule to be setup! . We played in honest w/ sportmanship. :) Players attitude were different nowaday

I still remember the first day of my badminton. The very first thing I was learnt from my badminton trainer was not any skill. He taught me how to shake hand. This game spirit was not major on winning. The sportmanship was the most important. Seems everyone just put up hand for high 5 after SARS. :)

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I agree wholeheartedly, that if such a rule were to set in place, honestly and sportsmanship should be displayed. however, with the intense competition, the rule should be set in such a way that no ambiguity (and thus argument) should be possible. that's unfortunate and sad but it is also reality. :(

7. Bad Enthusiast

At my age, I still love to chanllenge the young strong guy to test my ability! :) Guess the morale of this sport drive me up! I played several sport before. Badminton is the one that I love most.

Thanks your participated and concern! And good to chat with you ! :)