BG66UM failure?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by PinkDawg, Apr 11, 2014.

1. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

My friend won three packs of BG66UM at an A-ranking tournament in July, and within the past hour, I strung using it. During the last few cross strings, the string failed. What I mean by failure is: the dropweight tensioned slowly to nearly level (ideal, where it should stop), but then stopped slowing down and immediately dropped to beyond level where the tension was LESS than the level tension. It did this repeatedly and it made the last few strings nearly impossible to string. I remember something like this from when I first started stringing (a year and a half ago?) but I haven't had anything since. Am I doing something wrong while stringing? Is the string too old? (almost a year since the prize was given) How can I prevent this?
    I use a Klippermate. I was stringing a Yonex Nanospeed 9900 at 24/25. Thank you in advance for your help!

2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

It's either the string slipping through whatever grips it on the tensioner part or you are pulling on the wrong string(maybe if you preweaved?)

I have never used a Klippermate but to stop the string slipping you could try cleaning the gripper or adjusting it(is there an adjustment?) failing that jam a bit of cardboard or whatever into the bit where it grips to try and reduce the space. bg66um is pretty thin string

3. Frosty

Frosty Regular Member

Happened to me ( zymax65 ) after stringing slippery strings ( a RSL string ) during the previous job.

The best would be to just clean the gripper ( as mentioned above ).

Otherwise, if you are already in the middle of a stringing job and can't be bothered to clean the gripper right there and then, try allowing one extra loop around the gripper before placing the string into the gripper.