User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My New Yonnex VF90 Strings, Plz Answer.

Hi I just bought an yonnex isometric series racquet, VF 90.

I do not know much about badminton equipment so please bare with me. I've noticed playing a game with this racquet moves the strings out of alignment alot. Is this normal for badminton ?? I tried to take it back where i bought it (Sports Chek) and asked them about it if it was defective. I also tried to exchange for a new racquet. However, they said it's normal for the strings to move around and if the strings are not moving it means that they are old. !!

Plz help, i just find it annoying that i have to adjust my strings like every turn@$@#$#$#

OH BTW, is this a good racquet ??? In sports chek it said it was 139 regularly, but it was marked down to 69.99 and came to 80 bux with tax.. is that a good deal?
    Last edited by chhayalak; 03-06-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yonex Factory String

All of Yonex factory string that comes with their raquets are horrible..if it bothers you so much then i suggest you cut the strings and get it restrung.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry about the strings moving around. Just move them back in place if it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's normal for factory stringing (i.e. what you get off the shelf in a shop). However, if you increase the string tension the movement will be reduced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

If the string moves it can be 2 things:

1- You hit too hard
    2- Tension is too low

If you say that you just started to play badminton it can me more of low tension and it's factory string isn't it?? If you don't like the tension, cut it and restring it.

Between VF 90 is a very good racquet to start with, big sweetspot and very durable so I think it might fit you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New strings tend to move around because the strings are brand new, and there is no wear yet to stop them moving. So you don't have to worry about it.
    (for regular racket factory pre-strung strings)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was my very first post and so many fast response. I'm glad now to be part of a supportive community. Thanks guys. I think I may hit the birdie to hard, i'm more of a squash player and i like to use my wrist a lot in squash as well even though you're not supposed too. Hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brave_Turtle
    Hi,

If the string moves it can be 2 things:

1- You hit too hard
    2- Tension is too low

If you say that you just started to play badminton it can me more of low tension and it's factory string isn't it?? If you don't like the tension, cut it and restring it.

Between VF 90 is a very good racquet to start with, big sweetspot and very durable so I think it might fit you.
    Is there such a thing as hitting too hard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As other fellow BFers have already pointed out, the factory strings suck, and the remedy to that problem is to get your racquet restrung.

If you are going to get your racquet restrung, however, I would really recommend you to locate a specialty racquet sports shop to get your racquet restrung. The stringer at the specialty shop is very likely to be quite a bit better than the ones in Sports Chek or other chain stores.

Also, be aware that Yonex is not your only choice of strings. Manufacturers such as Gosen and Ashaway also have some excellent products.

-Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My New Yonnex VF90 Strings, Plz Answer.

Originally posted by chhayalak
    OH BTW, is this a good racquet ??? In sports chek it said it was 139 regularly, but it was marked down to 69.99 and came to 80 bux with tax.. is that a good deal?
    I don't think it's a good racquet, but i'm not the one using it. The better question would be is it a good racquet for YOU, and that depend on lots of things.

As for the price you paid, it's neither good or bad in general. Alot of it depends on what stores are available to you. There might be cheap stores in Canada, but it'll be useless to you if they are too far away. I prefer sportmart over sportchek, even though it's the same company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry about double post.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 03-06-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VF 90 is not a bad choice, if u consider urself is still fairly new to the game. However, it seems VF90 is lack of potential in stiffness and performance for more advanced players.

So, I consider VF90 is a good racket to begin with, and could be an ok backup if u upgrade ur racket later on. However, if u r already in more advanced lvl, it might be not fit for u.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: My New Yonnex VF90 Strings, Plz Answer.

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    VF 90 is not a bad choice, if u consider urself is still fairly new to the game.

However, it seems VF90 is lack of potential in stiffness and performance for more advanced players
    And it will buckle definately if you string it at tensions some of us are playing at

Anyway, if you've just gotten into badmintonn or just started playing badminton seriously, stick with it, and dont even bother changing strings until it feels like you absolutely canot play with it anymore or it breaks (saves some $$)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm not going to re-string it any time soon. I like the feel of the racquet. I've played badminton in highschool but stopped when i got to university. I just picked it up again (i'm in 4th year now). I decided to buy the new racquet because my old black knight was a bit out dated although it's pretty durable and light weight. It's made of tempered steel. I may opt to restring and use that as aback up racquet.. I'm pretty much broke coming the end of the second semester so I'll have to wait for summer when i get a job to be able to buy anything. I plan to buy a high end black-knight, since well i love black knight .!!$@!$@$@$ I dont know why, it has a cool name?!?! hehe. I'm actually pretty suprised with myself when i started playing again. I actually didn't lose that much skill. I can hit birdies with the best of club players.

Anyways, Thanks everyone for their opinion much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my old black knight was a bit out dated although it's pretty durable and light weight. It's made of tempered steel.
    Hmm... for some reason, I have a feeling that most of us will find the words "light weight" and "tempered steel" to be contradictory.

Where are you located, chhayalak? It seems to me that you're probably located somewhere in Canada?

-Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Traum, can you check your PM? Sorry for off-thread post.

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Traum
    Hmm... for some reason, I have a feeling that most of us will find the words "light weight" and "tempered steel" to be contradictory.

Where are you located, chhayalak? It seems to me that you're probably located somewhere in Canada?

-Rick
    if the final price he quoted was exact, he should be in manitoba. (I calaculated it based on the tax rate... )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast