Arcsaber Z Slash questions here. Please help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by yeahehehehe, Apr 15, 2014.

1. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Hey all! Im back and im wanting to get a new racket. I have seen many rackets and the Z Slash caught my attention. I hope you can help me.

Questions:
    1. Does it have a thin or a thick frame?
    2. Is it better in terms of feel and liveliness compared to Arc11?
    3. What are your opinions on this racket.
    4. I heard Smash Power is good if you timed it right. Anyone who can compare the power to VT80?
    5. Lastly, does SunriseClick.com offer a good service? (I think i will get this racket from them)

I hope you answer some. Those will be a great help to me!

Thanks!

2. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    Answers:
    1. Thin.
    2. Someone else can answer that, I don't have an arc 11 or arc 10 to compare.
    3. Good when you time it right and hit the sweet spot, control is pretty good. Expect mishits if you get this racket along with timing issues for a while until you adjust to it.
    4. Smash is definitely really powerful if you time it right and hit the sweet spot, but in a game you aren't going to get the opportunity to set up the perfect smash every time. Personally, I think that risks outweigh the benefits on this one.
    5. Not from Asia so can't answer that.

3. mathewvg

mathewvg New Member

MD of an IT Company
    Hi,

I have used the Z Slash for few years (before switching to ZF II recently). It is a very good racket with thin frame and semi isometric shape. The thin frame and the smaller semi isometric shape gives it a very faster swing. I have very high opinion about this racket and its Smash power. I have always used it with BG66UM at 24-26 and the power it generates is awesome.

However, when compared to Arc 11 which is full Isometric, the sweet spot is smaller and takes some time to get adjusted to. During this tune-in period, a lot of mis-hits and frame shots are expected. Once you get used to this racket, any other racket you handle will feel slow during the game.

I have not used VT80, hence no comments. However, I remember one person in our club who uses VT80 once played with my Z-Slash and expressed very high impression about the latter. The reason for my shift to ZF II was purely because of my wrist surgery (ganglion) and the need to go for a lighter racket. Z Slash is only available in 2U and 3U and I wanted a 4U.

Winston at mybadmintonstore.com has stock of JP Z Slash rackets, I believe. I bought for myself and for several friends from MBS and I highly recommend them.

Good Luck.

Mathew

4. yeahehehehe

Hmmmm. Is it true that a racket's thinner frame results to a higher chance of breaking the frame if the shuttle hits the frame? anyone confirm this?

thanks.

5. coolermaster

coolermaster New Member

gov
    i've owned multiple racquet.... plz don't buy this racquet....mistiming will be an issue becoz of its smaller frame... you will play better with bigger frame... rate 5 out of 10..

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Why not buy newer rackets? Z-Slash was great back in ... many years ago. IF the price of Z-Slash drop significantly, then it is worth buying. But somehow the price is still expensive, few bucks less or more than newer Yonex rackets (NRZP, VTZF, VTZF2, ARC11, VT80, i-Slash).

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I smash fairly hard with this racquet with plastic, hasn't broke or anything.

8. yeahehehehe

Hmmmmm, as a big Taufik fan Im struggling to choose between ZS and Arc11. I need comparison.

I'm looking more into the Arc11 but...

I've seen many bad reviews about it.

I've also seen the ZF2, but im not a fan of LCW and the thin frame makes me worried. I might break it easily. ZSP is not in my mind now. VT80, not a big fan of PG and not looking for XStiff and Super Head heavy rackets. i-Slash, also not in my mind now.

Arc11 and ARCZS are the ones in my mind currently. Comparisons will help.

Sorry for not being direct-to-the-point.

Thanks

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You shouldn't be guided by what your idols use, as their ability and preferences is likely to be different to yours.

Just because LCW uses the ZF2 and TH didn't doesn't mean it is not the better racquet for you. Besides, who knows if the pros really use what we get in the shops?

I would just base your decision on what your preferences are.

10. yingzaoqifen

yingzaoqifen New Member

yes,then it is worth buying. But somehow the price is still expensive.thanks [​IMG]

11. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    The arc 11 lacks in power a lot in my opinion. I actually switched from zf1 to z slash, I just won my tournament today too with the z slash 9 games straight without losing.

12. yeahehehehe

Congrats, what happened to your VT80?

Anyway, I think ill just go for the ZSLASH.

Any recommendations for the string? I think ill go NBG98 @ 26lbs

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The ZS will take some getting used to. If you don't mind a "med flex" feel and you have good timing it is a great racquet.

It has quite a unique feel, reminding me of the old carbonex racquets. It's quite powerful too, for very little effort but does have a smaller sweetspot so timing needs to be good particularly given how fast it is. It does have reasonably good anti-torque properties though so off-centre shots aren't so back despite having a smaller stringbed.

I would say it is quite a fragile racquet though. Many have broken over the years with light clashes, including my friends one which broke on it's first outting.

In terms of strings, my favourite for the ZS was actually NBG95. I have 3 ZSs with NBG95, BG80 and VS850 all at 28lb and I prefer the NBG95 on it. I think they are made for each other. It isn't my favourite string, but seems to compliment each other quite well.

14. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Thanks, I never got the VT 80 aha, I got the z force instead remember? But I made a transition to z slash. I'm at BG 80 24 lbs atm but it feels really loose ):