Asking for some advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by smidsy1985, Apr 16, 2014.

1. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Hi there!!
    Not so long a go i've posted a thread about the fact i've broke my MX-JJS.
    I'm looking for a new weapon, because of that, I asked some questions and the TK 6000 was on paper the best choice, but they don't make it anymore...... :'(
    I shall explain what I'm looking for and I hope someone would give me some advice...
    I'm an attacking player but not on every shot, so I also like to control the rally. I have not a powerful wrist, so I generate the power more in the arm then in the wrist.
    I've owned the previous rackets:
    Yonex voltric 80 (too stiff and head heavy)
    Victor LYD ( too head light)
    Victor MX-JJS it felt quite good but i couldn't get the full power out of it maybe a bit too stiff afterall.
    I hope that someone can give me some advice in which racket suits in well between the 3 I've owned already...
    Greetings Erik

2. Mr.H.

Mr.H. Regular Member

Student
    Voltric 70?

3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

TK9000 should be on your list. It is so far greatly praised, as replacement of TK6000 (which by the way, still in production but only for 4U weight. 3U was discontinued for unknown reason). VT70 is another option for great power without being "too stiff & too head-heavy". Price different between both rackets is probably few bucks, hence if it were me, i'd choose newer TK9000.

4. smidsy1985

Hi there,
    So the TK9000 is about the same as the TK6000??
    I'm looking for a racket wich is less stiff and head heavy as the VT80 (I've played with the VT 70 but for some reason it won't felt quit right for me)...
    What about a Kason or Li-Ning?? Or other brand wich makes a racket what i'm looking for....
    Little bit more head heavy than the LYD, a bit less stif as the MX-jjs and VT 80...
    Greetings

5. smidsy1985

Maybe someone can give me a comparisson of the TK9000 or apacs virtuoso performance, or maybe even a kason tornado mc7... and then compared with the MX-JJS....
    Or another good rachet wich is less stiff than the MX-JJS and is easier to get the power out of....
    Greetings
    Erik

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Still think TK-6ooo is the racket for u. Could buy it online frm reputable sellers if ur local shops don't have it.

The latest TK-9ooo definitely has stiffer shaft than TK-6ooo by a notch or two. If u could get used to this new racket, u will reap its benefits. Otherwise, just go with TK-6ooo.

Having owned both TK-6ooo n VT70 (as I reiterated in ur previous similar post), they r similar in terms of shaft stiffness n head heavy balance. But TK-6ooo definitely has faster swing, better control n more agile.

...hope that helps!

7. smidsy1985

Hi TeddyC,
    I like the specs of the TK 6000 the most (on paper), but do you know where I still can buy the racket from an online store cause I can't seem to find any...
    That's why I was looking for an good alternitive...
    If I can purchase a TK 6000 that would be my first choice.
    Hope somebody can help me with that....????
    Greetings Erik

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Mybadmintonstore.com based in HK is a good start...

9. smidsy1985

I know I've bought a lot of stuff there, shoes, strings, and even rackets, but I don't see the TK 6000 on there site :'(...

So if you have another option or someone else! Please any help is welcome....