Custom String for Voltric 5

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by techie, Apr 16, 2014.

1. techie

techie Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi All,

I am an beginner player and starting to get better at badminton. I have a voltric 5 which I want to get restrung for maximum performance. Please advise a good string and also recommend the appropriate string tension.
    I have read from badminton central that BG80 power is a good string. Should I go for this or the expensive nanogy 99?

Thanks in advance.

PS: My game is all around.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    actually, you can use any string..
    IMO, try BG65Ti, BG80, BG66 Ultimax (note that BG80 is more of hard string which is good for smashing)
    the tension should be around 20-22lbs for beginner

3. techie

techie Regular Member

Programmer
    Do you have an idea which string Voltric 5 comes with from factory? In my opinion, the string tension of 22-24 lbs is already there.

4. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hi Techie
    Factory strung rackets usually have thick, one of the cheapest strings and with low tension.
    You can try to find out by reading the letters printed on the string (probably BG55 or BG65 or BG65ti, I dont believe it comes with a BG66, BG80 nor a nanogy).
    If you are not a pure recreational player, I advise to restring with BG80 @ 25 lbs or BG65 @ 26 lbs if you are adult.
    This setting is good for start and later on you can try and decide other strings and tensions.

5. techie

techie Regular Member

Programmer
    Thank you silvester for your valueable comment. I am nearly 28 yrs old and i have started to play badminton since last 6 months but I am taking it seriously. Though I cannot achieve what professionals do, still I want to learn some serious skill in badminton. I am already working on my footwork and want a racket which will aid me in improvement. Is it ok if i use BG 80 power?

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    BG55 I believe, at what feels like 16lb so bg80p would be a big improvement. I would say 22lb would be a good start.

7. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Voltric 5 will have BG55 or new BG3 from the factory...

8. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    String it with BG 65 5 pounds and go catch some butterflies! :D

9. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hi
    Yes you may use BG80P. The most important at your stage is that you have a good control string (important to practise net play and drop shots) but not loosing the balanced solution between control and power, so you can also practise properly the clears, lifts and smashes.
    It is not worthy at your stage to have too expensive strings (bg80 is cheaper than BG80P) and it is important not to change the string models oftenly with the hope your game will improve by a miracle.
    It is more important to focus on the technique itself and not believing that the good or bad days are because of the gear. I think (considering the yonex brand) you could try BG80 if you prefer hard/crisp feeling or BG65 if you prefer softer.
    The racket you have is also a good one.
    The last advice for now (but not the least) ... very good shoes is something you should never forget.

10. gametubeserd

gametubeserd New Member

This setting is good for start and later on you can try and decide other strings and tensions.[​IMG]