Lightweight Victor Rackets? Also, how is the Black Knight Photon XL PVC?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AutumnBlythe, Apr 18, 2014.

1. AutumnBlythe

AutumnBlythe Regular Member

Hi there,

I'm in the market to buy a new racket. I play mainly double, and I am a smash orientated player. The rackets I currently own are a Yonex Isometric Lite weighing at 3u, and I just bought a Yonex Voltric z-foree at 3u (101g gripped and stringed). I perfer the Lite, because it isn't head heavy. The z-force find kills my shoulder when I smash, so I'm going to slowly work my way into it. I think what I need is a light weight racket that is evenly balance with great smashing potential. I'm looking for a victor racket, that is isometric with a nice sweet spot. I use plastic shuttles as well.

Also, has anyone played with the Black Knight Photon XL PVC? How is it?

2. Favourite

Favourite Regular Member

Photon XL is a nice racquet. Very light and could be strung, pretty much, at any tension. I have seen a lot of people with different skill levels and playing with both, feather and plastic shuttles, using it. I personally prefer lightweight racquets myself and this racquet is definitely one that I might consider to play with myself. Here is a bit more on racquet specifications:

http://favouritesports.ca/collections/racquets/products/baphoxl-photon-xl-pcv-badminton-racquet

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

To comment on the photon.... Don't string it at "any tension" those frames are beyond frail and will have issues if you go beyond 24. I don't know what te warranties tension is but I know enough players that have used them and they are frail.Also for the record I don't think you will find many light racquets that are even balance. Racquets like the yonex flashboost have to be head heavy or else they start to be more power starved. For victor you look at something like a bravesword 09 or 12.