Sponsorship demo video.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheComedian, Apr 18, 2014.

1. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Here is an interesting topic and I thought id post it here and see what people have to say about it.

Say a badminton player was looking for a sponsorship from a company that WASNT a badminton equipment company. A company to help with training/traveling.

How would a demo video of yourself be put together? How would you put it together?

I'm really wondering the thoughts on this one.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I suppose in order to "sell" the player, you'd have to put yourself in the company's shoes: what's in it for them.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes. That's the crunch. What's in it for them? It's easier to get sponsorship from companies whose bosses might be interested in badminton.

At least they are a little more sympathetic.

4. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    Agreed, its hard to get companies to financially sponsor you. But it is all about them them and them. What can you do for them, how do they benefit from giving you money, what is the potential return for them, etc. You really have to show them why they are benefiting from giving you money.

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I guess you would need to also demonstrate why you in particular, perhaps not other badminton players, would make the company benefit from the sponsorship deal. Maybe you're very promising and have attracted media attentions. Maybe you have a special background or have special links which could be helpful for promoting your sponsor's public image, etc..

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

7. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Here's how I would do it.
    Inform why you want it(your story)

Point out your reach
    how many followers you have on social media/your own website (twitter, facebook etc)
    What tournaments you will be playing and the broadcast level including on site fan numbers.
    How many people you coach and your influence.

Include potential direct benefits for your sponsor. (probably have to be businesses local to your living)
    You could offer that you could do inspirational talks for the company (man following dream etc) for staff
    or a team building day based around badminton or just straight up, some badminton coaching for the company.

If it is flights, why not try hitting up the airline companies? Of course things are much easier if you have contacts and any connection to any company you approach.
    Good Luck

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator