Voltric 7 or 70? Cannot decide...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by IvanT, Apr 19, 2014.

1. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    So I'm quite an average/beginner player and I've been using a 3U Nanoray D26. It is a very cheap head-light racket and I'm thinking of getting another racket that would help me out a little with my power. I am a skinny guy, so I am not that strong..

I'm thinking of getting a 4U version of either the VT7 or 70 and I can't make my mind up. First off, the VT70 is a stiff flex racket while the VT7 is a medium flex racket, and based on my research, the medium flex racket would be better for a beginner with not much strength. But the VT70 should be a higher end racket and would suite an intermediate player more, and I am willing to invest into the VT70 for the long run so that I not have to upgrade from the VT7 later on.

What are your thoughts at a beginner jumping from a 3U head light racket to the 4U VT70? Would I have a lot of trouble getting used to it?
    Also, another question here is what string tension should I use? 22 lbs? My Nanoray D26 is using the BG85 @ 24lbs.

2. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    Also, if it is possible, please advice on the string I should use! Thanks. :)

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

My experience with the voltric 70 is that it isn't stiff. I found it too flexy and honestly I plain didn't like it. (I was using a z force at the time so my preferences were skewed) With that being said I think you should be fine to play with the voltric 70 in 4u, it really isn't that hard to handle honestly and on paper the specs are quite nice and are similar to what I'm using now.

String tension - stick with what you know you like. Regardless of what people say racquets don't have this magical minimum tension or maximum tension to make them work, it's all a matter of what your arms limit is.

Also I will just point out that the victor thruster k8000 has virtually identical specs on paper to the voltric 70 but in my opinion was made a lot better and the price should be too different.

4. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    Thank you so much for the reply. I'll try and figure out a string tension and I'll also have a look at the Victor racquet! :)