Want a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nyoung, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Nyoung

Nyoung New Member

I'm a 16 year old with an intermediate level of play. I currently use a yonex nanospeed 100. What racquet would you guys recommend for me?

2. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

Most people on this forum will want a ton more info about you to recommend a racket. Mostly about your playing style etc.

Also, why do you want to get a new racket? The NS 100 you have actually performs very well despite being a lower price racket. See the review below and read the comments. Some people prefer your racket to others costing much more!
    http://badminton-coach.co.uk/252/yonex-nanospeed-100-badminton-racquet-review/

If there is something specific that you want in a racket that the NS100 is not providing for you, then let us know and someone could recommend a different racket.

3. Nyoung

Nyoung New Member

I only play singles. I smash a lot and have decent power right now. I play 2-3 times a week. I will be joining a badminton club next season so that's why I want the racquet. I like my nanospeed 100 but I want something that can give me a bit more power.

4. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

If you are looking for more power, I would look for something either with a stiffer shaft or more head heavy. If you like Yonex, the Voltric series are typically liked by singles players.

5. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Hello, I normally play singles as thats what I like, I've played with a few brands (Yonex, Carlton, Victor and FZ Forza), I feel like a middle end Voltric would do the job, for me, the voltric 3 or 7 felt a bit eiffy when smashing and lacked a bit of power and head weight to the racket! But that's my opinion. If not, the Victor MX range is a good alternative as they are similar in many ways. FZ Forza 9000 Power is a good racket especially when smashing. At the end of the day, its what you feel most comfortable and enjoy! There's no point buying a head light when it wouldn't smash as powerful as a head heavy!! :) Let us know what you chose!

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm 15 and I moved from the Nanospeed 100 to a arcsaber z slash, it's really precise agile and doesn't really get you tired, I generally play singles play most of the time.