Gosen Customedge Type V

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Leizo, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Leizo

Leizo Regular Member

LED
    Any experts can help me see if the unstrung racket is real or fake? The strung racket is bought from rakuten... unstrung one is bought from e78...

Thank you....

IMG-20140421-WA0014.jpg IMG-20140421-WA0016.jpg IMG-20140421-WA0022.jpg IMG-20140421-WA0019.jpg

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I have a Customedge type V sent directly to me from Gosen.

For your first picture, the one I have is similar to the left racquet - I.e. the shaft has GOSEN in dark green letters, with the 'BDH'. No serial number on the shaft and no 'Gosen Japan' lettering.

For the second picture, the one I have has the lettering 'Made in Japan' and on the cap (covered in your pic), it has written '3uG5. 20-27lbs'

For the 3rd and 4th pic, the one I have is similar to your strung racquet.

However, this proves nothing yet about the authenticity. Just that the one in my hands is similar to your strung racquet.

3. Leizo

Leizo Regular Member

LED
    Thank you Cheung. One of my friends just told me that "BDH" is for distribution in jpn while the one with serial is for distribution in China. Am still confused with the difference in some of their design patterns though.

4. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Hi Leizo,
    Having both the Japan and China version of the Customedge Type V, do you notice any performance difference? I'm thinking of buying from Rakuten but dont know if they accept US currency.

5. Leizo

Leizo Regular Member

LED
    maybe its just me. but i prefer the one i bought from Rakuten.

just like my friend's one jpn nanoray 800 and sp nanoray 800, i prefer his jpn nanoray 800 more.

recommend u to get blue shiden too if u like Customedge V.

6. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    It just might be a slight difference like Yonex JP vs SP rackets vibrations dampening. How much did you get your racket for from Rakuten? (I actually never used the Customedge Type V, I use a Yonex Arcsaber 8DX and 10 which has similar specs to the Type V)

#6 7un4tran, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  7. Leizo

Leizo Regular Member

LED
    sorry but i tried Yonex Arcsaber 8DX and 10 before... they are totally different things...
    think paid around 170+usd...

8. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Totally different in what manner? Like more or less power from Customedge V vs 8DX and 10? 170+ USD sounds a bit more expensive than the ones I saw. I saw a few for 154.99 USD. Hopefully trustworthy. No worries, 8DX is not even close to arc 10. I like even balance rackets and arc10 is slightly head heavy for me. I just happen to use it cause I have it. :)

9. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Yup your friend is right on the distribution code. But so far I have never seen a fake Gosen racket before....

10. Leizo

Leizo Regular Member

LED

don't remember the feeling haha. not good at giving impressions too. maybe u should check out the reviews by some of the contributors :D