BG 80 or BG 65 for Arcsaber 11?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Userna34, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Userna34

Userna34 New Member

lol
    Hey guys, I recently just broke my Victor VS 850 strings strung @24lbs after playing it for an hour. My last strings before my Victor 850 was the NBG 95 which lasted me 6 months. This time, should I go for BG 80 or BG 65? I've read about both, and they are both good strings. I just need strings that will last for at least a month without breaking. Also, could my tension have caused my strings to break so easily? I don't mind spending $20 a month on strings but spending $20 on strings 2 or 3 times a week is just silly.

2. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Since you probably mishit a lot, considering the tension and rate of breakage, go with the BG65. BG80 isn't a particularly fragile string, but it will break quicker than the 65.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Why ask when your NGB 95 lasted you 6 whole months?

4. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Start hitting the sweet spot consistently... If you don't mis hit your strings won't break for quite a while. I'm using BG 80 25lbs with plastics and no signs of fraying yet! :3, go with BG 65 first be consistent then get BG 80!

5. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

At 24lbs, even Bg66UM will last 2 months if playing 2-3hrs a week. Agree with previous poster, stick with BG65 or a 0.70mm gauge string until u can do hit sweet spot consistently. $20 spent for stringing 2-3 times a week makes badminton a very expensive spot !