Difference bet Gosen 5000 and 5300

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kukula, Mar 9, 2004.

1. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    After playing for two years using my Yonex Ti 10, I have finally decided to get a new one. Not that i dont like my old Yonex. I just want to try something new. Anyway I have lately heard alot of nice comments about Gosen rackets, and i have narrowed down my choice to the Gavun Roots 5000 and WPP5300. The 5000 is being sold at US$60 and the 5300 at US$95. Have anyone of you tried these two products? What is the difference bet the two? I was thinking of the 5000 coz its alot cheaper. But if the 5300 is better then I would gladly get it instead. Thanks

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Why don't you wait for the new top of the line Gosen Roots Gavun Aermet 6000?
    Of the two, 5000 vs wpp5300, wpp5300 is better as it has a wpp frame (a larger sweet spot) and it has the superior material aermet than the 5000's titanium.

3. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    Thanks taneepak. Then guess ill just get the 5300 then. The new Gavun Roots 6000 is not yet available here. Besides, I checked it out in the Gosen website and it was priced expensively. In fact, it is even more expensive than the top of the line Yonex badminton, making it possibly the most expensive racket today. I dont think I will take the risk of spending a big amount of money on something no one has tried yet :D

4. emartino

emartino New Member

Gosen 5300

Kukula, where you gonna buy your 5300? and how much in Php?

Thanks--am thinking of trying a Gosen as well.

5. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    Well I am going to get it here in Manila. Prices of Gosen here are alot cheaper than in other countries IMHO. A friend of mine is going to get it for me since I dont have the time to go out and get it. He is asking me 5,600 for it. Guess its reasonable coz I saw it being sold in a mall for 6600.