Yonex Arcsaber FB 5U - fragile?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Skyliner23, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Skyliner23

Skyliner23 Regular Member

Sales
    Any bros out there able to advise if the arc FB 5U is as fragile as the F ? I have already broken 2 FB ,however I still quite like this racket so thought of trying out the 5U but is worried that it will still be as fragile as the 6U version. I am not a offensive player so I find FB easy to manage ..any other replacement racket to recommend , I don't mind a 5U also

2. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Can consider trying the Karakal BN60 or 65. Those can take higher tensions and aren't as fragile.. Weight wise, may be around the range of the FB or lighter.

And personally (even though i dont have a FB), i think FB is a fragile racket no matter what's the weight you are looking at.

3. Skyliner23

Sales
    I already give up on the F version ...so just want to heard from any bros who have the 5U. I had ask some shops in Queensway and they say F version facing a lot of warranty claim but so far never heard ppl complain about 5U ..also don't know what they say is truth as one of them keep trying to sell me the 5U

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro : I also heard a lot of FB 6U breaks , but not much any from 5U .. I will be going to queensaway buy next 2 days for 5U .. Go try 5U . My team mate use 5U no problem.

5. Skyliner23

Sales
    Hi Ferrerkiko, I was in Queensway this afternoon checking out the 5U . Apparently there are SP coded 5U but I am still abit concern and also disappointed with the F version. I kind of worry that now after breaking 2 FB so really want to do more research on the 5u before I pull trigger ..at the moment I am using a replacement arcsaber 6 (5U also ) much cheaper version but I find it also as good . End of the day I like the color of the FB ...

6. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Hey! I know you like the Arc FB, but have you considered what you like about it and see what rackets are similar? I've always like to smash and move people around but after 3-set tournaments, I would find myself tiring and require a lighter racket. I thought the arc FB would be a perfect solution however I found the Voltric-i-force 5U, which in many regards is really similar to the Arc FB, I gave it a try when i was tired and boom!! I was chuffed! There might be better suited rackets than you think.

7. Skyliner23

Sales
    Hi Gavin, agreed with what u say , which is why I just bought a arcsaber 6 (5U) .. Quite a nice racket also . Since weight and specs is similar to I-force and FB 5U, I am curious to find out if the FB 5u is as fragile as the F version .

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Guys : Which shop has FB5U now, I urgently looking for one . can whatsapp me 81135874,, thanks

9. leostar17

leostar17 Regular Member

Finance
    Sky, if you have a tendency of clashing your racket with your partner, stop using FB. 5U or 6U the specification is the same on the frame, the weight differential is not big. I presume your FB broke because of high impact clash against another racket during play. Otherwise, this racket is very durable.

10. Skyliner23

Sales
    Hi Leo, sad but true I had never clash with my partner on my FB

11. leostar17

leostar17 Regular Member

Finance
    then send it back to get replace, Yonex factory has a system in place to check if it is QC problem.

Take half a day leave, bring it down t Sunrise and submit a claim. I got mine replaced too.

12. leostar17

leostar17 Regular Member

Finance
    normally, the racket will not self destruct by itself unless the tension is high and way beyond the recommended tension. For your case 22-24 lbs is normal for FB. I do not see any reason why the racket would have broken. Even hard smasher like Ahsan do not break his FB that easily.

13. Skyliner23

Sales
    Hi Leo, that's what puzzled me ...what I suspect might be problem from my stringer ...btw how long did u wait to get your replacement and also why yours break, mishit?

14. leostar17

leostar17 Regular Member

Finance
    I went straight to sunrise instead, mine was a clash during netting. Replacement about two months. And I have been using fb since one day when it was launched. No issue with breaking.

15. Skyliner23

Sales
    U mean they replace u for clashing? I thought they will be able to tell how the racket breaks, when was that ago?

16. leostar17

leostar17 Regular Member

Finance
    The clash created a small hairline crack only. Happen in feb

17. Skyliner23

Sales
    Actually, I have friends who mishit and have their FB totally snapped ..we still cannot believe how fragile this racket is given at that price

18. borisaladin

borisaladin New Member

Hi,I have a 5u fb and played with it for 8 months. Had 4.5 minor or big clashes with my partners, but it survived. So IMO, I think 5u ver. is tougher than F for sure.!