User Tag List

Thread: Painful Heel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Painful Heel...

Hi Badfanatics...

I've been playing bad for almost 2 years now... It's just now lately that that I felt this soreness on the outer part of my right heel. My left heel is pretty much ok. I'm a lefty, by the way...

Any thoughts on this....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kinda shoes do you wear when you're on the court? I used to have a bit of heel pain every now and then when I was wearing my old pair of $30 Adidas crap. Switching over to a pair of proper badminton shoes quickly eliminated the problem.

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is called 'pinched heel'. If your shoes are rounded at the heel or have a thin sole you'll be more likely to get hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Originally posted by Traum
    What kinda shoes do you wear when you're on the court? I used to have a bit of heel pain every now and then when I was wearing my old pair of $30 Adidas crap. Switching over to a pair of proper badminton shoes quickly eliminated the problem.

-Rick

I tried using badminton shoes but still my heel hurts... Does it also have to do with the playing surface?I usually play on Taraflex courts. I've heard that there's a better one, it's from Victor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just now lately that that I felt this soreness on the outer part of my right heel. My left heel is pretty much ok. I'm a lefty, by the way...
    WOW
    i have the same problem
    i'm a righty.........and my left heel hurts.......while my right is okay
    hmmmmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Painful Heel...

Originally posted by Rome076
    Hi Badfanatics...

I've been playing bad for almost 2 years now... It's just now lately that that I felt this soreness on the outer part of my right heel. My left heel is pretty much ok. I'm a lefty, by the way...

Any thoughts on this....

I was wondering about this...but would basketball shoes be the solution? They have cushioning designed to absorb impact on foot+heels inherent in Bball, and they have good traction too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: Painful Heel...

Originally posted by whacker
    I was wondering about this...but would basketball shoes be the solution? They have cushioning designed to absorb impact on foot+heels inherent in Bball, and they have good traction too
    I don't think basketball shoes will work coz they are too heavy and would limit quick movements needed in badminton....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: Re: Painful Heel...

Originally posted by Rome076
    I don't think basketball shoes will work coz they are too heavy and would limit quick movements needed in badminton....

I agree with you on that, but for the sake of personal health take the tradeoff...I want to be able to walk when I'm 90 years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regretted playing today. Since i can't find my badminton shoes , dont know what happened to them. Had to slip in and play with my old shoe , which is Airwalk. Had few intense game with some national junior players today. Had a bump on my heel during a lunge for the net. Now my heel is slightly swollen. Never play without your badminton shoe! , don't know what is going on my mind playing with AIRWALK on my feeT!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |BLAI|
    WOW
    i have the same problem
    i'm a righty.........and my left heel hurts.......while my right is okay
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    Same here.

I am thinking about if my landing technique (especially clear, round head stroke, etc) wrong or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whacker
    I agree with you on that, but for the sake of personal health take the tradeoff...I want to be able to walk when I'm 90 years old.
    Exactly for the sake of health, u should stay away from basketball shoes!!!

In an intensive rally, heavy and thick sole shoes could be very dangerous for ankle and knee. I kept telling ppl the sad story about this guy, who wear basketball shoes in baddy, and badly sprained his knee, when the thick sole caught between 2 pieces of wood (ok, crap HS gym). And he could not play for several months already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cusion

One tip is to buy an extra gel-cusion to put between the insole and the actual shoe on the heel you having problem with. Thus building up a bit of extra cusioning at the heel (this is common othopedic with heel problems).

Another more expensive option is to have cusom-made insole's unique for your feet (imprints).. This can be a really good thing for many athletes as it's always a bit different from person to person how the weight distribution on the foot is when, jumping, skipping, launching, landing etc.. this can also be a good thing to minimize stress on both knees, heels etc..

Cheers,
    Twobeer