Painful Heel...

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Rome076, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Rome076

Rome076 Regular Member

Hi Badfanatics...

I've been playing bad for almost 2 years now... It's just now lately that that I felt this soreness on the outer part of my right heel. My left heel is pretty much ok. I'm a lefty, by the way...

Any thoughts on this....

2. Traum

Traum Regular Member

What kinda shoes do you wear when you're on the court? I used to have a bit of heel pain every now and then when I was wearing my old pair of $30 Adidas crap. Switching over to a pair of proper badminton shoes quickly eliminated the problem.

-Rick

3. carbonex21

carbonex21 Regular Member

I think this is called 'pinched heel'. If your shoes are rounded at the heel or have a thin sole you'll be more likely to get hurt.

4. Rome076

Rome076 Regular Member

I tried using badminton shoes but still my heel hurts... Does it also have to do with the playing surface?I usually play on Taraflex courts. I've heard that there's a better one, it's from Victor.

5. |BLAI|

|BLAI| Regular Member

WOW
    i have the same problem
    i'm a righty.........and my left heel hurts.......while my right is okay
    hmmmmmmmmmm

6. whacker

whacker Regular Member

I was wondering about this...but would basketball shoes be the solution? They have cushioning designed to absorb impact on foot+heels inherent in Bball, and they have good traction too

7. Rome076

Rome076 Regular Member

Re: Re: Painful Heel...

I don't think basketball shoes will work coz they are too heavy and would limit quick movements needed in badminton....

8. whacker

whacker Regular Member

Re: Re: Re: Painful Heel...

I agree with you on that, but for the sake of personal health take the tradeoff...I want to be able to walk when I'm 90 years old.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Regretted playing today. Since i can't find my badminton shoes , dont know what happened to them. Had to slip in and play with my old shoe , which is Airwalk. Had few intense game with some national junior players today. Had a bump on my heel during a lunge for the net. Now my heel is slightly swollen. Never play without your badminton shoe! :( , don't know what is going on my mind playing with AIRWALK on my feeT!

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Same here. :(

I am thinking about if my landing technique (especially clear, round head stroke, etc) wrong or something. :confused:

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Exactly for the sake of health, u should stay away from basketball shoes!!!

In an intensive rally, heavy and thick sole shoes could be very dangerous for ankle and knee. I kept telling ppl the sad story about this guy, who wear basketball shoes in baddy, and badly sprained his knee, when the thick sole caught between 2 pieces of wood (ok, crap HS gym). And he could not play for several months already. :eek:

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    cusion

One tip is to buy an extra gel-cusion to put between the insole and the actual shoe on the heel you having problem with. Thus building up a bit of extra cusioning at the heel (this is common othopedic with heel problems).

Another more expensive option is to have cusom-made insole's unique for your feet (imprints).. This can be a really good thing for many athletes as it's always a bit different from person to person how the weight distribution on the foot is when, jumping, skipping, launching, landing etc.. this can also be a good thing to minimize stress on both knees, heels etc..

Cheers,
    Twobeer