mistake ? buying Brave Sword LHI instead of MX JJS ? ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ninja801, Apr 28, 2014.

1. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

im currently using a Brave sword 10 and on my trip to Malaysia bought a Brave Sword LHIi have it strung at 27lbs with NZ880ti same as my sword 10... the only difference is one is strung with blue and one is strung with blackThe LHI (Black) feels so dead in comparison the the 10 (blue)... were my expectations too high for this racket ? and a mistake instead of buying a JJS ? what do you guys think both different racquets but is the JJS that much more powerful and better feel ? if i can get opinions on both racquets please

2. rapidfire

rapidfire Regular Member

I feel that JJS has a more solid feel when u smash

3. Barca

Barca Regular Member

No doubt MX JJS is very powerful. It's head-heavy and I find it extremely stiff. Not easy to use unless you have a strong and wrist. You should just stick with BS series.

4. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I mean strong arm and wrist

5. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

well the Lhi looks like the strings are finally bedding in and wow very good smashes, i tried playing again with my BS10 and its alot more harder to control on smashes compared to the LHI

6. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

So it's not a mistake now, right?

7. hawke150

hawke150 New Member

Now that you have played with both which do you prefer? Thinking of buying 1 BS10 and the LHI as back up. I know it is best to have the same racquet as backup, unfortunately I can only find 1 BS10.

8. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

well i bought a MX JJS so ill compare when it gets strung
    i still prefer LHI over BS10... but i also bought powerizer to put on BS10 maybe that will help

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I do like the LHI and also the other racquets you mentioned.

The LHI is quite similar to the BS11 but I think the feel of the BS11 is a bit better. The 10 is a good racquet, but not solid enough near the top of the sweetspot. But the fastest of all racquets I've used. Defensively nothing beats the 10.

The LHI is a very good racquet, fast, stable and powerful. The balance and weight is almost ideal for me. The MXJJS is another racquet I like, it's stiffer and has more power potentially than the BSLHI if you have the strength and time. But in fast MD when you don't often get the chance for a full swing smash, the LHI fairs better imo. Short stroke whipped smashes come off more powerful with the LHI than the JJS.

The trouble with Victor racquets is that they vary too much. So it is difficult to get two of the same racquet that feel the same unless their serial codes similar. But generally this is my preference:

1. BS11
    2. BSLHI = MXJJS
    3. BS10
    4. BSLYD

I would recommend trying Yonex NBG99 with Braveswords... I have it on all my victors now, it seems to compliment them very well. But they do need a bit of time to settle in...

10. amleto

amleto Regular Member

seconded on the nbg99. I like those and zymax 65 on my meteors.