User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 175
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In that case, I actually predict LYB will use CB/HW as the MD1 and ZN/FHF as MD1.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zhang Nan can pair with both Fu or Cai. Is a great player to explore. Looking fwd for his performance. Because Qiu/Liu is not that secure for China MD.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,743
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think Zhang Nan has replaced Cai Yun, it's the other way round. What you see on the BWF page is dated or last updated on 27th Mar'14. This Chinese article dated 3rd May stated Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng partnership, and there is no Zhang Nan http://sports.qq.com/a/20140503/015990.htm. Another article dated 2nd May also mentioned that Cai Yun will reunite with Fu Haifeng for the Thomas Cup and that Zhang Nan who recently partnered FHF in tournaments is not destined to play at the Thomas Cup.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I don't think Zhang Nan has replaced Cai Yun, it's the other way round. What you see on the BWF page is dated or last updated on 27th Mar'14. This Chinese article dated 3rd May stated Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng partnership, and there is no Zhang Nan http://sports.qq.com/a/20140503/015990.htm. Another article dated 2nd May also mentioned that Cai Yun will reunite with Fu Haifeng for the Thomas Cup and that Zhang Nan who recently partnered FHF in tournaments is not destined to play at the Thomas Cup.
    the only way to beat china is to steal from 2 MD and 1 MS (which is ms2 DU PENG YU) =x Indonesia should seed simon santoso to stand higher chance to defeat china and korea should field lee hyunil as 2nd ms and just sacrifice the 3rd =p

  5. #56
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,473
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    the only way to beat china is to steal from 2 MD and 1 MS (which is ms2 DU PENG YU) =x Indonesia should seed simon santoso to stand higher chance to defeat china and korea should field lee hyunil as 2nd ms and just sacrifice the 3rd =p
    LHI is not in the team, according to


    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...Uber-Cup-teams

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    too bad to korea team . no chance at all for them. T_T only Indonesia stands a chance. If only peter gade wasn't retired jorgenson as ms2 should have a chance =/ so conclusion other than Indonesia no other team stands a chance >

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-05-...57152948.shtml It's true; Zhang Nan is in. It think he can partner with FHF on one day and Cai B on aother day. Great!!
    Last edited by pcll99; 05-06-2014 at 11:43 AM.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Certainly true that ZN is a very versatile player. There are some reports saying that CY has ankle issues or something along those lines, which contributed to him being dropped. ZN can play with FHF and CB for sure. I would be interested in seeing a ZN/HW team also.Hopefully he can capitalize on this opportunity.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXk82JW_Y2oCan somebody translate this video? Zhang Jun is talking about his rationale for picking Zhang Nan instead of Cai Yun. But I don't understand his explanation.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXk82JW_Y2oCan somebody translate this video? Zhang Jun is talking about his rationale for picking Zhang Nan instead of Cai Yun. But I don't understand his explanation.
    I looked at the clip quickly as I am equally curious about the change. Zhang Jun mentioned that Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng is entitled to notional points which elevates them to Chinese 2nd pair, leaving Chai Biao/ Hong Wei as the third pair. The puzzle is resolved, the removal of Cai Yun is due to ranking issue. Fu Haifeng and Zhang Nan are equally surprised by the move.

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,743
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Without the written word, it's a bit difficult for me to translate any word that I don't understand. Anyway, I managed to catch most of it. So, it turned out to be a last-minute decision to replace Cai Yun with Zhang Nan when originally they had wanted Cai Yun with Fu Haifeng for their experience on big occasions as they later realized the latter two, due to not having played together for quite some time, had fallen rather low in world ranking and would not be able to play MD2 as fielding CY/FHF , WR47 at the time, would require them leapfrogging several other CHN MD pairs, particulary Chai Biao/Hong Wei at WR15, and leave CHN with very few other options - that's what Zhang Jun explained. Even Fu Haifeng said he was taken aback twice by the changes, first when he was told to partner Cai Yun , then later that it would be Zhang Nan instead who himself was equally surprised by the sudden decision to pair him up with Fu Haifeng. By the way, the narrator said Cai Yun wasn't at the training ground that day but resting in his room (probably not fully recovered yet from his minor injury incurred at the recent CHN Masters ). That's my understanding of the gist of the matter.

  12. #63
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,473
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwchen View Post
    I looked at the clip quickly as I am equally curious about the change. Zhang Jun mentioned that Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng is entitled to notional points which elevates them to Chinese 2nd pair, leaving Chai Biao/ Hong Wei as the third pair. The puzzle is resolved, the removal of Cai Yun is due to ranking issue. Fu Haifeng and Zhang Nan are equally surprised by the move.
    i don't believe that got anything to do with ranking.
    with Liu/Qiu as MD1 what other combinations will be automatically play as MD2.
    Last edited by AlanY; 05-09-2014 at 05:20 AM.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    i don't believe that got anything to do with ranking.with Liu/Qiu as MD1 what other combinations will be automatically play as MD2.
    That's what I understand from the clip. I am a bit confused too. The only explanation is Zhang Jun may have the intention to choose either Chai/Hong or Liu/ Qiu as MD 1 and Cai/Fu as MD2.

  14. #65
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,473
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwchen View Post
    That's what I understand from the clip. I am a bit confused too. The only explanation is Zhang Jun may have the intention to choose either Chai/Hong or Liu/ Qiu as MD 1 and Cai/Fu as MD2.
    interesting!

    So, Zhang Jun likes to has an option to drop Liu/Qiu.
    injuries or out of form!

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I follow the logic now. Zhang Jun wants to play Chai Biao/Hong Wei as the MD1. But if FHF/CY play together, they would be required to play MD1 (due to notional points). By replacing CY with Zhang Nan, FHF/ZN can play MD2 since they are a lower ranking than CB/HW.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wish they interviewed DPY and WZM about why WZM was left off of the team. Maybe WZM will be angered and destroy the other players in the simulation match just to stick it to the head coaches!

  17. #68
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,473
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    I think I follow the logic now. Zhang Jun wants to play Chai Biao/Hong Wei as the MD1. But if FHF/CY play together, they would be required to play MD1 (due to notional points). By replacing CY with Zhang Nan, FHF/ZN can play MD2 since they are a lower ranking than CB/HW.
    of course that only matter when they play against INA and KOR.
    it's really interesting to see which pairs will be MD1 against INA and KOR.

    ZN/FHF are very capable to pick up the point as MD2, only slight problem is ZN not that experience in MD and Thomas Cup.
    Last edited by AlanY; 05-09-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •