User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Been having some back pain. Should I stop training for awhile?

    Well, I have been having lower right back pain since last week on Sunday after my 4 hour consecutive playing session. I usually have 2 hour training sessions on Monday and Thursday, and a 3 hour training session on Saturday, and on Sunday I play casually for 4 hours. But after last week's play session, my lower right back started to hurt. The pain is especially sharp when I inhale a deep breath, bend down, turn my body body around, and during my smashes and overheads. The pain started on Sunday so I did not go to training the following Monday and Thursday and the pain in my back was 90% healed on Friday and I could barely feel any more pain, so I resumed training on Saturday (today). But after I finished training today, the pain in my back returned. I was wondering what should I do that will help. I was thinking I should stop training for 3 weeks and resume after that, or should I just continue training, but I'm not sure so I decided to ask you kind people in tue forums. Oh, and an extra question, if I don't feel any pain in my back, does it mean its fully healed? Or the injury is still there and I just can't feel it until I start training? If so, how long will it take to completely heal and I can resume training like normal? I'm 15 and I use a Voltric Z-Force 2 if that helps. Please reply as soon as possible, thanks to all of you in advance.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magicfarts View Post
    Well, I have been having lower right back pain since last week on Sunday after my 4 hour consecutive playing session. I usually have 2 hour training sessions on Monday and Thursday, and a 3 hour training session on Saturday, and on Sunday I play casually for 4 hours. But after last week's play session, my lower right back started to hurt. The pain is especially sharp when I inhale a deep breath, bend down, turn my body body around, and during my smashes and overheads. The pain started on Sunday so I did not go to training the following Monday and Thursday and the pain in my back was 90% healed on Friday and I could barely feel any more pain, so I resumed training on Saturday (today). But after I finished training today, the pain in my back returned. I was wondering what should I do that will help. I was thinking I should stop training for 3 weeks and resume after that, or should I just continue training, but I'm not sure so I decided to ask you kind people in tue forums. Oh, and an extra question, if I don't feel any pain in my back, does it mean its fully healed? Or the injury is still there and I just can't feel it until I start training? If so, how long will it take to completely heal and I can resume training like normal? I'm 15 and I use a Voltric Z-Force 2 if that helps. Please reply as soon as possible, thanks to all of you in advance.
    Ah I'm
    Just like you! I'm 15 and using the voltric z force 2 & arcsaber z slash. Every week I play 10 hours+ and I get a lot of back pain from jump smashing and stuff like that, just take a break trust me it will stop, but if the problem persists goto a doctor to check it out! Good luck.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Ah I'mJust like you! I'm 15 and using the voltric z force 2 & arcsaber z slash. Every week I play 10 hours+ and I get a lot of back pain from jump smashing and stuff like that, just take a break trust me it will stop, but if the problem persists goto a doctor to check it out! Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice. But for it to completely heal, how long do you think I should stop training?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magicfarts View Post
    Thanks for the advice. But for it to completely heal, how long do you think I should stop training?
    Try a week and a half or two weeks (: don't stress your body out

  5. #5
    Regular Member arfandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    China, Thailand, & Indonesia
    Posts
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had my first low back pain 2 years ago. It persisted for 2 months, thus i completely ceased badminton activity for 4 months. Then it gone away until last week i forced myself doing jump smash throughout the tournament (R32, R16, QF, SF, & F)..all in 1 day. I won the tournament but unfortunetely now have to lie back on my bed for few days. I believe it'll take me about 3-4 week rest before able to resume badminton again.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •